Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Oath of allegiance, a must for NYSC members — Sanwo-Olu
  • National News

Oath of allegiance, a must for NYSC members — Sanwo-Olu

Admin January 23, 2026

Sanwo-Olu

Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has tasked newly inducted National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to uphold their oath of allegiance, emphasising that the scheme’s was established to promote national unity and socio-economic development.

Sanwo-Olu gave the charge during the official swearing-in of 2026 Batch A, Stream 1, held at the NYSC temporary orientation camp, Iyana-Ipaja on Wednesday.

He said the NYSC engaged young Nigerians from diverse backgrounds to internalise the National Pledge and Oath of Allegiance, equipping them to sustain and surpass achievements of previous generations in national service.

“The NYSC scheme remains a vital instrument for strengthening national unity and peaceful coexistence by bringing young Nigerians together to build a stronger, more cohesive and indivisible nation.

The governor also emphasised discipline, active participation in camp activities and strict adherence to camp rules to ensure safety, wellbeing and smooth conduct of the Orientation Course.

He highlighted the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Programme as key platform for self-reliance, enhanced employability and long-term economic empowerment of corps members.

“The SAED programme is designed to equip corps members with practical skills, enhance employability and promote entrepreneurship, empowering them to become job creators and contributors to sustainable socio-economic development.”

Sanwo-Olu was represented by the Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Youth and Social Development, Mrs Toyin Oke-Osanyintolu.

In her remarks, Mrs Christina Salmwang, State Coordinator, NYSC Lagos, said the corps members are 6,648 in number, had been fully registered and accommodated in line with the establishment procedures.

Salmwang declared that some corps members were dislodged to Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara and Ogun for the orientation course, describing the programme as a critical component of the scheme.

She noted that the orientation course was designed to prepare them physically, mentally and morally for the responsibilities of the national service, adding, “your service to the nation is a noble responsibility.

“It is utmost important to mention that cultism and drug abuse are forbidden, especially in the orientation camp. You must, therefore, shun all social vices as offenders will be decamped,”

The state coordinator identified the unwavering support and commitment of the Lagos state government, and thanked Sanwo-Olu for renovation work in the orientation camp, which she noted had been put on hold and would continue after the orientation programme.

“This is part of deliberation efforts to improve camp facilities and enhance the welfare of corps members and camp officials. The renovation is being carried out in phases; plumbing and toilet in the female hostel and the camp hall,” she explained.

The oath of allegiance on the corps members was administered by the Chief Judge of Lagos state, Justice Ajorin Ajose. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Mrs Christina Salmwang NYSC Toyin Oke-Osanyintolu

Post navigation

Previous NIS hands over 22 rescued trafficked victims in Katsina
Next Court remands 2 men over alleged firearms possession

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.