Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Buhari’s Certificate: Your action absolutely disgraceful, Diversionary – Presidency Tells PDP
  • National News

Buhari’s Certificate: Your action absolutely disgraceful, Diversionary – Presidency Tells PDP

Admin October 30, 2018

President Buhari deserves second term says Jamiu Abiola

 

President Buhari

 

The Presidency has described as absolute disgraceful and diversionary, attempts by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to challenge the authenticity of President Muhammadu Buhari’s West African School Certificate (WASC) in court.

Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said this in a statement in Abuja.

According to him, PDP’s action is a complete waste of time because record has shown that the president has higher qualifications obtained through hard work.

The statement read, “We have read that the failed Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is going to court to challenge the President’s West African School Certificate (WASC). This is a waste of time because we have the record of this and of higher qualifications obtained by hard work and truly merited by Mr President”.

“This certificate story is an old one. As Femi Adesina stated clearly, it is a settled issue in the courts. To approach the court to pursue a matter long settled by the temple of justice is an abuse of the judicial system. It is shameful, disgusting and disgraceful”.

“It is clear to all at this time that the PDP, facing an imminent humiliating defeat, wants to sow division and chaos by seeking the destruction of the institutional structures that support our young democracy. They are attacking the courts and the police, they are molesting INEC commissioners. They are theatrical in spreading falsehoods against persons, including the President.’’

The presidential aide said the PDP embarked on spreading falsehoods to take away attention from the discussions on issues gaining momentum in the country.

He said such matters included the issue of internal security, which he said had been jeopardized by years of near-zero investment under 16 years of the PDP.

Others, he said, were the provision of long-delayed infrastructure which the President is pioneering; corruption to which the PDP is incurably tied and the sustenance of the prevailing good days in the economy.

According to him, the president is equally busy providing a business-friendly government, working day and night, creating more jobs and affordable life for the poor.

Shehu, therefore, maintained that the forthcoming presidential election was not about the settled issue of certification.

“This election isn’t about the settled issues of certification. No matter how honeyed their sweet words, don’t believe them. Their evil record can never be washed away. The PDP set a record of murdering opponents of government and corruption on a scale never seen anywhere before”.

“They put the national security at stake by diverting huge budgetary allocations to service their greed. Don’t believe their honeyed promises,’’ he added.

(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Buhari femi adesina Garba Shehu INEC PDP

Post navigation

Previous Elections: Era of fraudulent allocation of votes over – President Buhari
Next El-Zakzaky: Mararaba-Nyanya residents trek several kilometers over gridlock

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.