Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Abdulsalam Abubakar denies link with bandits, terrorist groups, describes reports as “false, unfounded’ 
  • National News

Abdulsalam Abubakar denies link with bandits, terrorist groups, describes reports as “false, unfounded’ 

Admin May 10, 2021
Abdulsalami Abubakar

May 10, 2021

Former Head of State, Retired Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, on Monday in Minna denied having any link with bandits or terrorist groups in Niger State.

Social media was replete with allegations last week that the former Nigerian leader owned an helicopter used in delivering arms and ammunitions to bandits and terrorists in the state.

Some online media outfits also claimed last week that the impounded helicopter was also the one used in supplying food to bandits and terrorists.

Abubakar described the reports as “false and unfounded’’.

He disassociated himself from such “heinous crime that is unbecoming of any patriotic citizen’’.

He stated that ordinarily, he would have ignored such ‘spurious reports’, but had to set the records straight.

“This kind of fake news has the potential of aggravating the already tense security situation in the country and should not be condoned,’’ he stressed.

He lamented that some individuals could be so callous as to peddle such allegations to smear the image and character of other people.

“I urge Nigerians to ignore such treacherous acts and to be careful with the kind of information they dish out or share on social media,’’ he stated.

He also urged Nigerians to continue to work and pray for enduring peace in the country, saying that no nation could attain greatness without peace and security of lives and property.

His rebuttal is contained in a statement issued by his media aide, Dr. Yakubu Suleiman.

Meanwhile, Gov. Abubakar Bello has inaugurated a special weekly prayer session across the eight emirate councils in the state to seek God’s intervention to end insecurity in the state.

Bello said there was the urgent need to seek God’s intervention in the security situation in the state.

He told newsmen after the inauguration held in Minna that significant progress was being made in restoring normalcy to some troubled areas in the state.

The governor said that the prayer sessions would continue after the Ramadan fasting period.

“We encourage every stakeholder to support governments’ efforts with prayers. With God, I believe everything is possible,’’ he said. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: abdulsalami abubakar Yakubu Suleiman

Post navigation

Previous Police confirms Vigilante office, Police Station attack in Anambra
Next Amaechi inaugurates 11-member committee to probe activities of NPA

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.