Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Twin Gombe Bomb Blasts Claim 50 Lives
  • National News

Twin Gombe Bomb Blasts Claim 50 Lives

Admin July 17, 2015

boko-haram-logo1No fewer than 50 people were feared killed and many others injured when two bombs exploded in Gombe central market Thursday evening as customers were busy making last-minute Ramadan purchases.

The first bomb was said to have exploded by 5:20pm while the second followed moments later a few metres away from where the first went off.

A witness described the incident as frightening. “We were here when suddenly we heard a loud explosion which scattered everything around it and sent all of us running…soon there was another explosion just close by. By the time, we returned to the scenes, many dead bodies littered the ground. People were crying. My neighbour lost his son who strayed away from where we were all selling”, 52-year-old Mallam Maina told our reporter.

He placed the number of the dead at no fewer than 50, adding it could be more as some of the survivors were critically injured and may not survive for long.

A member of the Nigeria Red Cross Society said the corpses had been deposited at the mortuary of the Specialist Hospital and Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe. He could not volunteer further information.

Gombe State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kudu Nma, confirmed the incident.

He said, “There was a bomb blast. The (bomber) was either on a suicide mission or may be the bombs were kept somewhere with the view to causing panic and apprehension to people.”

According to him, the bomb exploded at the Sabon Layi footwear market.

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous Landlords Storm Police Command to Report Suspected Homosexual
Next Former NSA, Dasuki, Arrested over Missing Terror Funds

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.