Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Twenty five GBV perpetrators sentenced to death, 15,000 women to get N5bn grants in Kaduna
  • National News

Twenty five GBV perpetrators sentenced to death, 15,000 women to get N5bn grants in Kaduna

Admin August 7, 2025
Ecommerce

Kaduna

Aug. 7, 2025

The Kaduna State Government says 25 gender-based violence (GBV) perpetrators have been sentenced to death as part of efforts to curb the menace in the state.

The Commissioner for Human Services and Social Development, Dr. Rabi Salisu, disclosed this in Kaduna while receiving a delegation from the Muslim Opinion Leaders for the Prevention of Gender-Based Violence in Northern Nigeria Project.

The project is being anchored by the Development Research and Projects Centre (dRPC) with support from the Ford Foundation.

Salisu also announced that arrangements have been concluded to empower 15,000 women across the state with N5 billion under the Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Fund.

She said the initiative was in line with the implementation of the Kaduna State Women’s Economic Empowerment Policy, launched in December 2024 by Gov. Uba Sani.

According to the commissioner, the beneficiaries were drawn from all 23 local government areas and include members of 750 women’s cooperatives identified for the empowerment programme.

“I am happy to inform you that His Excellency has fulfilled his commitment.

“The N5 billion approved in November 2024 has been captured in the 2025 budget and will soon be disbursed to the targeted cooperatives,” she said.

Salisu said that in addition to the new beneficiaries, over 5,000 women and girls had earlier benefitted from the Google Africa-supported data science, artificial intelligence, and entrepreneurship training programme targeted at semi-urban and rural communities.

She stressed that the state’s strategy to reduce GBV was strongly linked to economic empowerment, education, and inclusion of women in governance and development processes.

“We are tackling the intersectionality between gender-based violence and economic inequality through education, healthcare delivery, social protection, and inclusive leadership,” she said.

Salisu also disclosed that a technical working group comprising legal, empowerment, education, and social thematic areas had been established to coordinate efforts at addressing GBV in the state.

She revealed plans by the ministry to develop a GBV database to track cases, ensure timely intervention, and support the rehabilitation of survivors.

Earlier, the Coordinator of the Muslim Opinion Leaders (MOLs) Project, Prof. Taufiq Hussain, said the team was in Kaduna to assess the status of the WEE policy implementation and explore areas of collaboration to integrate GBV prevention strategies.

He said the advocacy engagement was aimed at enhancing collaboration between religious leaders and the Ministry in the monitoring and implementation of GBV-related components of the policy.

Also speaking, the Director-General of the Kaduna State Bureau of Interfaith, Mr. Tahir Umar Tahir, congratulated the commissioner on the successful completion of her PhD .

He urged her to apply the knowledge in addressing GBV, which he described as a major threat to societal values and women’s rights.
(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Dr. Rabi Salisu GBV Mr. Tahir Umar Tahir WEE Fund

Post navigation

Previous Keyamo directs NCAA to place KWAM 1 on no-fly list
Next Zinox Technologies on Konga103.7FM The Market Square, shares innovation story

Related Stories

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN MACBAN
  • Commentaries

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN

August 18, 2026
Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.