Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Troops Rescue 30 From Boko Haram, Repel Attack on COAS Buratai Community
  • National News

Troops Rescue 30 From Boko Haram, Repel Attack on COAS Buratai Community

Admin July 29, 2015

TroopsNo fewer than 30 people have been rescued by troops from the hands of Boko Haram terrorists, Nigerian Army authorities announced on Tuesday.

According to Army spokesperson, Col Sani Usman, the troops of 7 Division of the Nigerian Army carried out the operations on Monday.

Col. Usman, said the success recorded was as a result of ongoing operations under the aegis of OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE to clear Dikwa and its environs from Boko Haram terrorists.

Those rescued include 21 children and a six-day old infant, seven women including three nursing mothers and two elderly male adults.

The Nigerian troops also discovered a training shed inside the vandalised and looted Palace of the Shehu of Dikwa where weapon handling and engagement of Aircraft were being taught to new Boko Haram terrorists’ recruits.

Meantime, Boko Haram sect again, on Monday night attacked Buratai, the home town of Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai.

The acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col Sani Usman, who confirmed the attack, said it was a futile effort.

It was the fourth time since February 2014, that the terrorists would attack the town which is also the location of a military camp. In their desperate attempt to capture the town, the invaders struck at about 9.30 pm but were repelled by Nigerian soldiers. The terrorists returned again at about 3.00 a.m and were equally pushed back.

Army spokesperson disclosed in a shirt message that the “suspected terrorists made a futile attempt to attack Buratai town in Borno State and military camp located in the area. I am glad to inform you that the gallant soldiers rose to the occasion and dealt.

“They however made concerted effort at about 3.00am this morning which was equally repelled by the gallant soldiers. The situation and town is cool and calm.”

By the time they struck first in February last year, Gen. Buratai was serving as commander of the Joint Task Force in the Niger Delta

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous Judge Buhari After 100 Days, Tinubu Begs Nigerians
Next Police Investigate UK Parliamentarian Caught Snorting Cocaine off Prostitute’s Breasts

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.