Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Our substantial records are intact, Lagos Chief Judge reacts to attack on Nigeria’s oldest Court
  • National News

Our substantial records are intact, Lagos Chief Judge reacts to attack on Nigeria’s oldest Court

Admin October 28, 2020
Judge
The Igbosere High Court building came under attack by some hoodlums who on October 22 wreaked havoc and completely vandalized it.

The hoodlums were said to have spent hours burning vehicles, vital documents, case files and looted properties including furniture, refrigerators, and air conditioners.

Chief Judge of Lagos State, Kazeem Alogba in an interview with Channels Television on Tuesday said substantial records of the court were not affected as wrongly believed by many.

He said the archives remain intact.

“Fortunately, it is not all our records that are lost. In some of the key areas, we still have substantial part of our records intact. Like our archives and the probate registry, to a reasonable extent, some of our records are still intact.

“We are working day and night to ensure that we find alternative accommodation for our judges and magistrates and they will soon start sitting,” he said.

While the impact of the damage done on the High Court is still been studied, the Chief Judge said reconstructing the building will cost over a billion naira.

Judge
Hoodlums set Igbosere High court on fire

He said, “in terms of equipment and other items vandalized. It is also almost one billion. We have several vehicles there. All our computers, the air conditioners, the refrigerators and all sorts of electrical gadgets. Even the furniture.”

The court is however planning a comeback soonest.

“We are going to reconstruct our case files. We are not going to look back, we are looking forward. This is a temporary set-back.

“These are trying times and we must go through it, but we are going to come out of it brilliantly.”

Igbosere High Court was one of the structures left devastated by the activities of hoodlums last week in Lagos State.

The city was ravaged by hoodlums in the days after the #EndSARS protest, leaving many parts of the state with the burnt buildings, looted shops, and destroyed properties.

Igbosere High court which is the oldest in Nigeria was not spared as the courtrooms were burnt, vandalised, and left in ruins.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Kazeem Alogba

Post navigation

Previous Okonjo Iweala emerges new WTO DG
Next Buhari inaugurates 2021 Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem, announces N10m donation to the Nigerian Legion

Related Stories

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN MACBAN
  • Commentaries

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN

August 18, 2026
Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.