Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Political thuggery: Kano govt. to grant amnesty to 718 repentant thugs under “Safe Corridor” initiative
  • National News

Political thuggery: Kano govt. to grant amnesty to 718 repentant thugs under “Safe Corridor” initiative

Admin August 20, 2025
Kano
Aug. 20, 2025

The Kano State Government says it will grant amnesty to repentant thugs currently being profiled under its “Safe Corridor” initiative aimed at addressing political thuggery and youth restiveness in the state.

The Commissioner for Information and Internal Affairs, Mr. Ibrahim Abdullahi-Waiya, made this known at the inauguration of the programme at the Police Command headquarters in Kano on Wednesday.

The commissioner who represented the governor at the occasion said that 718 youths had so far been profiled, while an additional 960 names were awaiting police validation before being enrolled into the programme.

He said the initiative was designed as a deliberate non-kinetic approach to tackle thuggery, rehabilitate affected youths and reintegrate them into society.

“After profiling by the police and drug testing by the NDLEA, the repentant youths will undergo rehabilitation.

“Gov.Kabir-Yusuf has pledged to grant them amnesty so they can be free from past accusations and begin a new life,” he said.

According to Abdullahi-Waiya, some of the youths would be immediately engaged in employment, while others would undergo rehabilitation before reintegration into society.

The commissioner said that traditional rulers, civil society organisations and security agencies would monitor the programme to ensure accountability and transparency.

In his remarks, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ibrahim Adamu-Bakori, commended the initiative, describing it as a bold step to foster a safer and more harmonious Kano.

He urged the youths to embrace the opportunity and turn away from crime.

“To our youths, especially those involved in Daba (thuggery), I appeal to you to repent, lay down your arms and embrace peace.

“The government has provided you with a second chance through this programme,” he said.

Adamu-Bakori also urge stakeholders, community and religious leaders to intensify their efforts in sensitizing youth on the dangers of violence, crime, and other antisocial behaviors.

The Kano Hisbah Commander-General, Sheikh Aminu Daurawa, appealed to the beneficiaries to encourage others who were yet to surrender to do so.

He further urged the beneficiaries to provide credible information to security agencies that will lead to the arrest of drug peddlers in the state.

Daurawa said that the state Hisbah board would look into possibility of allocating mass wedding slots to them, if they proved to be good ambassadors.

Buzun Kida, who spoke on behalf of the beneficiaries, pledged that the era of thuggery in Kano was over.

The event was attended by the Commandant of NSCDC, NDLEA, traditional leaders and other dignitaries stakeholders.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Hisbah Ibrahim Adamu Bakori Mr. Ibrahim Abdullahi-Waiya NDLEA NSCDC

Post navigation

Previous Adamawa Govt. reunites 14 rescued trafficked children with parents
Next Insecurity: 61 communities affected, several sacked in Bokkos – Group

Related Stories

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde
  • Commentaries

Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides
  • Politics

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.