Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Sports
  • Orji Okonkwo’s four-year ban extended worldwide – FIFA
  • Sports

Orji Okonkwo’s four-year ban extended worldwide – FIFA

Admin September 17, 2022

Nigeria's Orji Okonkwo

September 17, 2022

Former Nigeria junior international Orji Okonkwo has had his four-year ban for doping violation by the Italian National Anti-Doping Tribunal extended worldwide by world football governing body, FIFA.

A statement by Ademola Olajire, Director of Communications at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Saturday said FIFA’s verdict was contained in its ruling on the case for worldwide extension of the ban, brought before it by Italian NADO.

“Chairperson of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, Jorge Ivan Palacio affirmed that the player had been cited properly, he has had the opportunity to state his case.

“The decision has been communicated properly, the decision complies with the regulations of FIFA and extending the sanctions does not conflict with public order or with accepted standards of behaviour.

“Consequently, the Committee decided to extend the sanction imposed on the player by the Italian NADO on 20 June 2022.

“More specifically, the player is sanctioned with a four-year suspension from all football-related activities in accordance with the Decision,” it said.

The four-year ban on the player is between Feb. 25 and Feb. 24, 2026.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Ademola Olajire FIFA NADO NFF Orji Okonkwo

Post navigation

Previous Medication errors kill 3m annually as Africa records 18.7% prevalence rate of substandard, counterfeit medicine, highest globally – WHO laments
Next LASG, FRANCE SIGN MoU ON REVENUE EARNING THROUGH E-SPORTS

Related Stories

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot
  • Sports

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot

August 17, 2026
NPFL–Murphy Ben International Deal: Meet The YouTube Powerhouse Behind The Partnership
  • Sports

NPFL–Murphy Ben International Deal: Meet The YouTube Powerhouse Behind The Partnership

August 15, 2026
Commonwealth Fencing Gold medal: Oborevwori congratulates Osubi star Esiovwa-Thompson
  • Sports

Commonwealth Fencing Gold medal: Oborevwori congratulates Osubi star Esiovwa-Thompson

August 14, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.