Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • NIMC Staff Protest Proposed Sack of Workers, It’s Not True, Says Management
  • National News

NIMC Staff Protest Proposed Sack of Workers, It’s Not True, Says Management

Admin May 12, 2015

NIMCThe Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria across the nation has protested the downsizing at the

the National Identity Management, NIMC, which has seen many of employees of the Commission thrown into the labour market.

The protests which was muted in some states but elaborate in others brought activities in NIMC offices to a standstill. Our correspondents report that members of the NIMC senior staff ensured that all gates to NIMC offices were locked. The protest, the said, would continue until the management of the Commission accedes to their request of reversing the sacking of their colleagues.

In Ekiti, the protesters who chanted different solidarity songs locked the main gate to the commission’s office, in Ado Ekiti to express their anger.

Speaking during the protest, Chairman of the Association, Mr. Oladeji Ayodeji and his secretary Mr. Kathrine Bassey explained that the issue of the proposal to sack workers was still under litigation.

They noted that any attempt by the commission to sack any worker would be regarded as contempt of court.

The protest has spread to all NIMC offices including the head office in Abuja.

But the management of the Commission has assured the workers of its fairness in dealing with the matter, stressing that nobody was being threatened with a sack in the manner alleged the by the staff association. Head of Corporate Communications of NIMC, Abdulhameed Umar told journalists that the matter is still being studied and that contrary to insinuations that sack letters were ready to be issued to staff, no such letter had been issued by the management.

As at the time of filling in this report, the commission’s office still under lock

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous $8.4Million Scam : Afe Babalola Denies Being Counsel to Bamaiyi
Next $12.5B Oil Money Stolen in 19 Months Under Jonathan, Sanusi Insists

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.