Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • LASG refutes social media report on resumption of schools
  • Breaking News
  • National News

LASG refutes social media report on resumption of schools

Admin May 2, 2020

Folasade Adefisayo, Commissioner for Education

 

The Lagos State Ministry of Education has debunked a social media report alleging that a decision had been purportedly reached with an unnamed “Honourable Commissioner for Basic Education” regarding a new set of guidelines for schools resumption in the State.

A release issued on Saturday by Mr. Kayode Abayomi, Head of the Public Affairs Unit in the Ministry, refuted the claim that such a decision has been reached, insisting that the write-up did not emanate from the State Ministry of Education and should be disregarded.

He stated that the issue of new guidelines for post-COVID-19 lockdown resumption is already under review by the State Government and will be circulated after its conclusion.

Abayomi said that there was no designation as “Honourable Commissioner for Basic Education” in the Ministry as contained in the viral post.

Abayomi maintained that no School in the State is permitted to resume or re-open for Third Term Session till further directive to the contrary is issued by the State Government

He clarified that the recent Lagos State HoS Circular, which enjoins Officers on GL 13 and above to resume duty, is also applicable to teachers in all public schools subject to the Education Districts’ Tutor-General/Permanent Secretary’s Flexible Work Rosters for Officers

Abayomi asserted that the present administration is not against the online teaching initiative adopted by most private schools in the State but, the internet-based teaching and learning does not imply a resumption of the Third Term Session

Abayomi reiterated that the State Government, through the State Ministry of Education, will still continue to offer free educational services for school children via various media platforms, especially radio and television

“No school in the state is permitted to resume or re-open for Third Term Session till further directive to the contrary is issued by the State Government.

“Schools would not resume in spite the announcements on the gradual easing of existing lockdown in Lagos State and the re-opening of all government offices and establishments from Monday, May 4, 2020,” he said.

Abayomi said that the recent Lagos State Head of Service Circular, which enjoined all officers on Grade Level 13 and above to resume duty, was also applicable to teachers in all public schools, subject to the Education Districts’ Tutor-General/Permanent Secretary’s Flexible Work Rosters for officers.

He also denied another media report alleging that the state government had banned private schools from online teaching.

“The present administration is not against the online teaching initiative adopted by most private schools in the state but, the internet-based teaching and learning does not imply a resumption of the Third Term Session,” Abayomi said.

He, therefore, reiterated that the state government, through the State Ministry of Education, would still continue to offer free educational services for school children via various media platforms, especially radio and television.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link

Post navigation

Previous COVID-19: China mocks U.S. response in Once Upon a Virus Lego-like animation
Next COVID-19: LASG discharges 22 patients from 3 isolation facilities in the State

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.