Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Kwara Police rescue 108 from illegal rehab centre
  • National News

Kwara Police rescue 108 from illegal rehab centre

Admin October 25, 2019

Police Logo

At least 108 persons have been rescued from an illegal rehabilitation center in Ilorin, Kwara state.

The police in Kwara State on Thursday paraded the 108 children and women rescued from an illegal rehabilitation center.

The Command said it rescued the victims from Gaa’Odota, in Ilorin West Local Government Area.

The victims claimed that their parents paid between one hundred and two hundred thousand naira to be rehabilitated at the centre but instead of being treated they were tortured and dehumanized.

Commissioner of Police Kayode Egbetokun said the Command acted on an intelligence report on the activities of the owner of the illegal centre.

He said men of the command raided the centre and discovered that some of the inmates had been there for over five years.

Egbetokun explained that most of them had been kept in an unhygienic condition, adding, many others had been afflicted with diseases without treatment.

He also noted that some of the inhabitants of the centre were chained and looked malnourished.

The police chief maintained that the command would carry out more surveillance to uncover such centres in other parts of the state.

He promised to get in touch with the relations of some of the victims to facilitate their reunion with members of their families.

Owner of the centre Abdulraheem Owotutu, a blind septuagenarian said those found at the centre were brought by their relatives for treatment. He promised to help the police with information on how to contact their families and said he has been in business since 1977.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abdulraheem Owotutu Gaa’Odota Kayode Egbetokun

Post navigation

Previous Nigeria can achieve top 70 Doing Business Index by 2023 – Buhari
Next We absolutely need to be careful in our use of social media – Osinbajo

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.