Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • KDSG dismisses nurses below level 14 for joining strike, to recruit new nurses immediately
  • National News

KDSG dismisses nurses below level 14 for joining strike, to recruit new nurses immediately

Admin May 18, 2021
governors

Nasir El-Rufai

May 18, 2021

Kaduna State Government has announced the dismissal of nurses below Grade Level 14 , who joined the ongoing industrial action by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in the state.

A statement issued on Tuesday in Kaduna by Muyiwa Adekaye, media aide to Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai, said the nurses were dismissed for alleged dereliction of duty.

The government also alleged that some nurses disconnected oxygen from a two-day old baby in an incubator on Monday, May 17, at the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital, when they joined the NLC strike.

He said, “Apart from referring the nurses involved to the Ministry of Justice to initiate prosecution, the government also announced the dismissal for all nurses in the state’s employment below Grade Level 14 for the illegal strike.

“The Ministry of Health has been directed to advertise vacancies for the immediate recruitment of new nurses to replace those dismissed.”

According to him, the government has directed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to submit their attendance registers to the Head of Service while Kaduna State University should submit same to the Secretary to the State Government and the Commissioner of Education.

Adekeye noted that salaries that could have been paid to the dismissed nurses would be given as extraordinary occupational allowances to the health workers who were at their duty posts to fill the gap for those who joined the strike.

He acknowledged doctors and other categories of health workers that tried to run public health facilities, but regretted that some nurses joined the strike and allegedly engaged in sabotage of some of the state’s health facilities.

“Nurses were implicated in the forceful discharge of patients in many health facilities,’’ he added.
Adekeye also said that any academic staff of the state university that did not report for work would be dismissed.

He added that the state government “will not tolerate the brazen shutdown of electricity, attack on public infrastructure and buildings, locking up hospitals and forcefully discharging of patients.”

The special adviser likened the actions of the NLC as equivalent to that of bandits kidnapping and menacing citizens, saying: “bandits illegally use arms, but the NLC is deploying mob action for exactly the same ends.”

“Efforts to dress up criminal activity as industrial action do not change the reality of lawbreaking that has unfolded, including their persistently ignoring the prohibition against impeding essential services,’’ Adekeye said.

He reiterated that NLC President, Ayuba Wabba and senior officials of the union had been “declared wanted’ and would be prosecuted for violations of the Penal Code of Kaduna State, the Miscellaneous Offences and the Trade Dispute (Essential Services) Acts.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Barau Dikko Muyiwa Adekaye nasir el rufai NLC

Post navigation

Previous Buhari seeks senate approval for $6.183 bn external loan
Next Germany to return all Benin Artefacts by 2022, assist in building storage facility for repatriated  antiquities

Related Stories

Wike orders demolition of 30 buildings constructed on road corridor 
  • National News

Wike orders demolition of 30 buildings constructed on road corridor 

August 20, 2026
Sokoto boat mishap claims 41 lives, 11 rescued — NIWA
  • National News

Sokoto boat mishap claims 41 lives, 11 rescued — NIWA

August 20, 2026
FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Wike orders demolition of 30 buildings constructed on road corridor 
  • National News

Wike orders demolition of 30 buildings constructed on road corridor 

August 20, 2026
AFRICA-FX-Ghana’s currency back under pressure, Uganda’s on front foot KIA
  • Business & Economy

AFRICA-FX-Ghana’s currency back under pressure, Uganda’s on front foot

August 20, 2026
Sokoto boat mishap claims 41 lives, 11 rescued — NIWA
  • National News

Sokoto boat mishap claims 41 lives, 11 rescued — NIWA

August 20, 2026
FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy
  • Business & Economy

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.