Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Gunmen abduct commissioner’s six-year-old son
  • National News

Gunmen abduct commissioner’s six-year-old son

Admin December 24, 2019
Gunmen

unknown gunmen

Masked gunmen

Some unknown gunmen in the late hours of Sunday, invaded the official residence of the Bayelsa State Commissioner for Water Resources, Mr Nengi Talbot, and abducted his six-year-old son, Antonio.

The police confirmed the abduction took place at about 10:30pm on Sunday at the Commissioners’ quarter in Opolo axis of Yenagoa, the state capital.

As at Monday, the minor was still being held hostage by his abductors in an unknown location.

The abductors were yet to contact the family nor have made a ransom demand.

The Bayelsa Police Command Spokesman, SP Asinim Butswat, confirmed the incident, and said that the command had already launched a manhunt for the abductors to ensure that the minor was freed unhurt.

He said: “On 22/12/2019 at about 22:30 hours, about four unknown gunmen invaded the residence of the Commissioner for Water  Resources, Hon. Nengi Talbot at the New Commissioners quarters Opolo, Yenagoa, and abducted his six-year-old son, one Antonio Talbot to an unknown destination.

“The command has launched a manhunt to rescue the victim unhurt and arrest the suspects. Investigation is ongoing,” he said. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abduct Antonio Talbot Bayelsa gunmen. Mr Nengi Talbot

Post navigation

Previous 14 major incidents that made Boeing sack CEO Dennis Muilenburg
Next I can no longer hear Sowore’s case – Judge tells court

Related Stories

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution Maize farm
  • Business & Economy

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.