Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Politics
  • God told me Kwankwaso will succeed Buhari in 2023 -Aniebonam, NNPP Founder
  • Politics

God told me Kwankwaso will succeed Buhari in 2023 -Aniebonam, NNPP Founder

Admin November 21, 2022
Rabiu Kwankwaso

Rabiu Kwankwaso

Rabiu Kwankwaso
Rabiu Kwankwaso

Dr. Boniface Aniebonam, Founder of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) and Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT), has declared Presidential candidate of the NNPP,  Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso, the next president.

He said God specifically told him that Kwankwaso is the man to build a new Nigeria after winning the February 2023 presidential election. He described Kwankwaso as the ordained candidate of God to make Nigeria great.

He spoke on Sunday when he appeared on the Editors Forum, an initiative of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE), in Lagos.

Meanwhile, Kwankwaso while addressing editors, says only good leaders can  sincerely restructure Nigeria toward national unity and development.

The former Kano governor stressed that restructuring was only possible if there were good leaders committed to uniting Nigerians and upgrading security, economy, education, among others.

“If elected President, I will listen to Nigerians on the subject. I will be open to discussions and negotiations and also consider adjustments capable of moving the country forward.

“We are not going to be rigid on restructuring, especially in the areas of insecurity, economy and education. These three are crucial for development to take place,” he said.

Kwankwaso expressed worry and concern over insecurity, and regretted that the north had been worst hit.

“So many people have lost their lives and means of livelihood; some are in the hospitals while some are internally displaced and cannot work.

“We believe that there must be security for us to experience progress and development.

“After studying the level of insecurity in the country, I believe that there is the need to recruit more military personnel.

“Considering the ratio of civilians to military personnel, there is need to increase the number of personnel in the armed forces. We need a minimum of one million.”

Reeling out some of his achievements as a two-term governor, Kwankwaso said he paid special attention to human capital development and educational advancement.

“We built universities and also established 26 academic and manpower development training institutes.

“Through these institutes, over 360,000 youth and women were trained and empowered.

“We also gave free lunch to students, gave scholarships to 370 outstanding students, and 148 full time scholarships to Nigerian students all over the country,” he said.

Kwankwaso assured Nigerians that such strides would continue if he became head of state in 2023.

 

Kwankwaso dismissed suggestions that he was being pressed to step down for the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

“That rumour is coming from detractors; it is just wishful thinking.

“NNPP is all out to win the 2023 election and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I know l will get the required numbers,” Kwankwaso boasted.

Earlier in an opening remark, NGE  President Mustapha Isah had said that the forum was interested in knowing the candidate’s plans for the country so that the people could make informed choices.

Isah said that the forum would host all presidential candidates while urging all of them to address key issues that concern the people and avoid attacks on individuals.

He also cautioned against false claims aimed at misleading the electorate.

“The Nigerian Guild of Editors pleads with politicians to avoid attacks on individuals

“They should, rather, focus on the real issues that concern the ordinary people.

“I also urge the presidential candidates to call their spokespersons to order as some of their press statements and interviews are heating up the polity.

“On our part, we pledge to be neutral. Nigeria must get it right next year and we want issues-based campaigns,” he said.

On Kwankwaso’s entourage were the BOT Secretary, Galadima, Ladipo Johnson, Dr Kelechukwu Nnamani, Kazeem Mustapha, Prince Ademola Ayoud, Mr Muyiwa Jatterson, among others.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Boniface Aniebonam Editors Mustapha Isah NGE NNPP Rabiu Kwankwaso

Post navigation

Previous PREMIUM TIMES Editor-in-Chief, Musikilu Mojeed, to release book on Obasanjo’s ‘Secret’ letters
Next Strange: Woman found dead in a guest house; male partner absconds

Related Stories

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides
  • Politics

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides

August 18, 2026
12 Reasons Adeleke Won Again In Osun Despite All Odds, By Azuh Arinze
  • Politics

12 Reasons Adeleke Won Again In Osun Despite All Odds, By Azuh Arinze

August 17, 2026
When the people stand, democracy wins, says Peter Obi on Osun State Poll
  • Politics

When the people stand, democracy wins, says Peter Obi on Osun State Poll

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN MACBAN
  • Commentaries

National Ranching Policy: Whose Land, Whose Ranches, Whose Future? – By TOM CHIAHEMEN

August 18, 2026
Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.