Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Efforts ongoing to ensure abducted journalist, others are rescued unhurt– Delta police command
  • National News

Efforts ongoing to ensure abducted journalist, others are rescued unhurt– Delta police command

Admin March 31, 2022
public and private

March 31, 2022

The Police Command in Delta says it is intensifying efforts to ensure that the recently-abducted journalist and others in the state are rescued unhurt.

The spokesman of the state command, DSP Bright Edafe, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Warri.

Edafe also said that no arrest has been made in connection with the crime.

“Effort is on to ensure that the abducted journalist and others are rescued unhurt and the hoodlums are apprehended and brought to book.

“So far, no arrest has been made,” he said.

It will be recalled that gunmen, suspected to be herders, on Monday evening kidnapped Mr. Julius Osahon, the Guardian Correspondent in Bayelsa, and several other persons.

The victims were reported to have been coming from Bayelsa when the 18-Seater bus they were traveling with was waylaid by the hoodlums at the Evweri axis of the East-West Road in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta.

A reliable source said that the driver of the bus, belonging to a popular transport company in Warri, was shot in the head and he died instantly.

The kidnappers have reportedly established contact with the journalist’s wife and are demanding N5 million ransom for his release.

A survivor of the attack, Mr. Lucky Egboyi, on Tuesday told journalists in Warri that they were returning from Bayelsa when they ran into the hoodlums.

“It was a narrow escape for me and a few others because we had to run into the bush,” he said.

Meanwhile, Osahon and the other victims have spent four days in the kidnappers den. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Bright Edafe Mr. Julius Osahon Mr. Lucky Egboyi

Post navigation

Previous Seven bodies recovered, a dozen missing after boat capsizes in Niger
Next NAVSA: NITDA implements training programme for 50 Corp members

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.