Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Crane Crash: 6 Dead Nigerian Pilgrims Buried In Mecca, Says Envoy
  • National News

Crane Crash: 6 Dead Nigerian Pilgrims Buried In Mecca, Says Envoy

Admin September 21, 2015

saudi mosqueNigeria’s Consul-General to Saudi Arabia Ahmed Umar said on Sunday that the six Nigerian Pilgrims who died in the Sept. 11 crane crash in Mecca had been buried.

Briefing newsmen in Jeddah, he said the bodies were buried on Sept. 18, in a “specially designated cemetery’’ in Mecca, where all victims of the crash were also buried.

The consul-general, who led a delegation of the consulate and National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) to the burial, said the bodies were buried after receiving invitation of the Saudi Authority.

He said the consulate and NAHCON officials were fully engaged in the burial arrangement that took place on Friday evening.

He also said that the six Nigerian pilgrims that sustained injuries during the incident had received special attention, adding that some of them had been discharged while others were still in the hospital responding to treatment.

He said consulate had also organised officials of the affected states in the event of payout of the money recently announced by Saudi authority for the victims. Saudi Authority had announced that it would give 1m Riyals –about N53.1m to the families of each of the deceased.

Similarly, the authority announced that those who sustained permanent disability would also get the same amount while others with minor injury would get half of the amount.

The consul-general, however, said that the money would be given to relations of the deceased and other victims of the crash. He said that the Nigerian government was pleasantly surprised at the kind gesture of King Salman bin Abdulazeez, who donated the money to the families of the affected pilgrims.

Umar assured Nigerians and families of the victims that the money would be delivered to the right persons.

It was gathered that six Nigerians were among the 111 pilgrims who died during the Sept. 11 crane crash at the Holy Mosque, Ka’aba in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

Six Nigerians were also among the 321 pilgrims who sustained degrees of injury during the incident.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Okowa Backs Anti-Graft War But Warns Against Impunity
Next I have No Hand in Your Ordeal, Buhari Tells Saraki

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.