Skip to content
August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • International News
  • China to continue collaboration with WHO on origin of coronavirus
  • International News

China to continue collaboration with WHO on origin of coronavirus

Admin February 10, 2021
programme

WHO logo

China will maintain contacts with the World Health Organisation (WHO) in search of the origin of COVID-19, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Wednesday.

WHO experts arrived in Wuhan, considered the ground zero of the outbreak on Jan. 14, and self-isolated until Jan. 29, and thereafter visited the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which houses a laboratory known for its experiments on viruses, and the seafood market where the
first Coronavirus cases emerged.

“China will continue to adhere to openness and transparency, we will continue our cooperation with WHO to identify the origin of COVID-19,’’ Wang said at a briefing.

The diplomat stressed that scientists should solve this complex issue, which affected many countries and regions, through global cooperation.

The Chinese government, according to Wang, supported WHO experts in their Wuhan mission.

“We hope that other countries will also take a scientific approach, continue to share their scientific research and its results with WHO, and play a constructive role in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all mankind,’’ the spokesperson noted.

Notably, Beijing has expressed hope that the United States would also invite WHO experts to trace the COVID-19 origins there.

“We hope that the United States will be as open and transparent as China and will invite international experts to conduct relevant research’’ Wang told reporters.

Earlier in the day, U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price said that the United States would not recognise the WHO mission’s findings on the origins of the Coronavirus unless they were verified via its own intelligence.

A WHO team member, Marion Koopmans, reacted to Washington’s statement by pointing out that it came before the mission even released the report.

The WHO already sent missions to China in February and July of 2020.

The current mission worked since mid-January and had its last day on Wednesday.

It tackled the issues pertaining to where the Coronavirus had originated and how it got to spread around the globe.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Marion Koopmans Wang Wenbin WHO

Post navigation

Previous NCC Visits Schools, Sensitises Students on Safer Internet Practice
Next President Buhari’s govt. has shown greater accommodation of the human rights violation– Malami

Related Stories

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
32m West Africans risk displacement, $294bn needed to tackle climate crisis — ECOWAS regional heads
  • International News

32m West Africans risk displacement, $294bn needed to tackle climate crisis — ECOWAS

August 12, 2026
Global 2026 oil supply shortfall to deepen as Hormuz reopening remains elusive – IEA says IEA
  • International News

Global 2026 oil supply shortfall to deepen as Hormuz reopening remains elusive – IEA says

August 12, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Police nabs 3 over alleged murder in Anambra  Police
  • Crime and Justice

Police nabs 3 over alleged murder in Anambra 

August 21, 2026
Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway anambra state
  • National News

Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

August 21, 2026
Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill Senate
  • National News

Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill

August 21, 2026
ICPC tracks N2.1bn constituency projects across Lagos Senatorial districts ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks N2.1bn constituency projects across Lagos Senatorial districts

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.