Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Child Protection Law: Jigawa Govt to sentence child rapists to death
  • National News

Child Protection Law: Jigawa Govt to sentence child rapists to death

Admin December 30, 2021
Mohammed Badaru Abubakar

Gov. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister of defence

Dec. 30, 2021

The Jigawa State Government has enacted the child protection law that prescribes death penalty for rapists without the option of life imprisonment.

According to Channels television report, Dr. Musa Adamu, the Commissioner for Justice and the Attorney General, disclosed this on Wednesday during an end-of-the-year press briefing in Dutse, the state capital of Jigawa.

According to him, anyone convicted of raping a child below the age of ten shall be sentenced to death with no other option.

“Earlier in the year the Jigawa state Governor, Alhaji Mohammed Badaru Abubakar signed the Violence Against Prohibition Bill which prescribed the death penalty for rapists but with the option of life imprisonment.

But recently the government has also signed the child protection law which prescribed the death penalty for anyone that raped a child below the age of 10,” Dr. Musa said.

He explained that the ministry had received “a total number of 196 case diaries while 178 pieces of legal advice were prepared in respect of the case diaries, received.

Out of the total number of the case diaries, 90 were rape cases; 27 culpable homicides; sodomy has 31; kidnapping and abduction have a total number of 18 cases; incest two; two 2 acts of gross indecency; 20 armed robberies while road traffic offenses have two cases.”

“The ministry has prosecuted and defended a total number of 25 appeals before Court of Appeal, Kano Division, and has also completed the prosecution of 83 criminal trials before eight High Courts at Birnin Kudu, Dutse, Gumel Hadejia, Kazaure and Ringim. 34 convictions and Forty-Nine 49 defendants were discharged and acquitted,” he added.

The commissioner also lamented the delay in criminal litigation as one of the major challenges of the ministry, which he said is not peculiar to Jigawa State.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Alhaji Mohammed Badaru Abubakar Birnin Kudu Dutse Gumel Hadejia Kazaure Musa Adamu Ringim

Post navigation

Previous FG says Digital Economy highly instrumental in lifting the country out of recession
Next NDDC FORENSIC AUDIT: PRESIDENT BUHARI SAYS ‘EVERY KOBO’ WILL BE RECOVERED, CULPRITS TO FACE THE LAW

Related Stories

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot
  • Sports

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot

August 17, 2026
Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.