Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Boko Haram Renders 678 Children Homeless, Says NEMA
  • National News

Boko Haram Renders 678 Children Homeless, Says NEMA

Admin November 11, 2014

almajiriThe National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said that there are some 678 children that are without parents and homes in the North Eastern part of the country.

The NEMA spokesperson, Abdulkadir Ibrahim, told our Correspondent in a chat that at least 15,204 people had fled Damboa, when Boko Haram terrorists launched a deadly attack on the town. “Out of this, are over 230 children, whose parents have either been killed by the insurgents or escaped to unknown places to save their lives.”

He stated this in a text messages to our Correspondent on Tuesday from Potiskum, after NEMA’s assessment tour of the area affected by Monday blast at the Government Science College that claimed the life of some 47 students and injured over a dozen more.

“The number of displaced persons in the town of Biu is 10,204. We have 3,000 in Maiduguri and 2,000 in Goniri,” he said.

It would be recalled that on Monday, media reports had it that Boko Haram had taken over Damboa and were seeking to establish themselves as the local authority, something the Nigerian Islamist are not widely known to do.

But the military stated otherwise. “We are not conceding any portion of this country to any terrorist group,” defence spokesman Chris Olukolade said.

“Security agencies are firming up deployment of troops in the entire area…We are also going to reverse every form of insecurity in that area very soon,” he added.

Boko Haram has relentlessly targeted civilians across the northeast, killing more than 2,000 already this year, and staged brazen attacks on the security forces.

Should the Islamists prove capable of holding their ground in Damboa in the face of a military assault, it would mark a major embarrassment for the security forces and signal a significant setback in Nigeria’s effort to crush the five-year uprising.

A massive assault by Boko Haram in the northeast Nigerian town of Damboa, had allegedly displaced more than 15,000 people, an official said Monday, as the security forces sent reinforcements to flush out the Islamist fighters.

The attack on Damboa began late Thursday but continued through the weekend, with witnesses saying that civilians were left defenceless by the security forces who withdrew from the area earlier this month.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous Jonathan Declares, Says I Will Fix Nigeria in Another Four Years
Next Four Feared Killed, Scores Injured as Female Bomber Hits FCE Kotangora

Related Stories

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband Police
  • Crime and Justice

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband

August 17, 2026
Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism
  • Commentaries

Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.