Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Army Begins Court Martial of General, 21 Army Officers in Lagos
  • National News

Army Begins Court Martial of General, 21 Army Officers in Lagos

Admin January 20, 2015

militaryThe authority of the Nigerian Army, Monday, begun the court martialing of 22 top Army officers including a Brigadier General, ostensibly over the alleged sabotage role they played in the on-going war against Boko Haram terrorists.

This according to a top Military source is taking place in the Ikeja Military Cantonment in Lagos.

The officers include a Brigadier-General – J.O Komolafe; 14 Colonels – A. Laguda, V. Ebhaleme, V.O. Ita, and I.B. Maina, I. A Aboi, I.M Kabir, M.H. Abubakar, A. A. Egbejule, N. N. Orok, C. A. Magaji, A.O. Agwu, A.J.S. Gulani, O.O. Obolo and A.M. Adetuyi; one Major – M.M Idris; five Captains – M. Adamu, O. A. Adenaike, M. Gidado, M.M. Clark and S. Raymond and one Second Lieutenant – S.O Olowa.

The lawyer representing some of the officers, Femi Falana, whom our Correspondent ran into on his way to the venue of the trial, said the army authorities have not told him the charges preferred against the accused officers.

“The Army has not told me what their offences are yet, so I cannot tell you anything now, other than say that I am on my way to the venue of the trial.”

It is however believed the officers are being prosecuted for alleged offences committed during the on-going war against Boko Haram insurgents in the North East of the Country.

This is the first time senior army officers would be put on trial for offences related to the military’s campaign in the North East.

Those affected by a gale of court-martialling that swept through the Army since 2014, were mostly non-commissioned personnel, many of whom were either dismissed or sentenced to death.

In December last year, 54 soldiers were sentenced to death for conspiracy to commit mutiny. The Army said the soldiers disobeyed a direct order from their superior officers to take part in an operation.

The soldiers however said they only asked for support equipment before embarking on the operation.

Twelve other soldiers had been previously sentenced to death by firing squad for shooting at a car conveying their commanding officer, Ahmed Mohammed, a Major General.

The soldiers revolted after some of their colleagues were ambushed and killed by Boko Haram extremists, an attack they blamed on their superior officer.

When our Correspondent contacted the Director of Army Information, Brig. Gen. Olajide Ladeye, for confirmation, his telephone lines where switched off.

Meanwhile, when our Correspondent made effort to visit the Ikeja Cantonment venue of the trial on Monday, the presence of heavy security manned by gun-wielding soldiers easily suggest that a very high calibre Military assignment may be taking place within the barrack.

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous In Imo, 20,000 APGA Members Defect to PDP
Next Police Recover 850 Cutlasses, IEDs, from Thugs in Katsina, Bauchi

Related Stories

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language
  • National News

Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language

August 20, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy
  • Business & Economy

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy

August 20, 2026
About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 
  • Business & Economy

About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 

August 20, 2026
FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.