Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Press Releases
  • Air Peace clarifies leaving passenger at Gatwick Airport
  • Press Releases

Air Peace clarifies leaving passenger at Gatwick Airport

Admin April 9, 2024

Air Peace

April 9, 2024

The management of Air Peace has denied claims that it abandoned a passenger and closed its counter for its Gatwick to Lagos flight on Monday.

Mr. Stanley Olisa, Corporate Communications Lead of the airline, said this in a statement issued on Tuesday in Lagos.

According to Olisa, the airline’s explanation became necessary after a video surfaced on social media alleging that it abandoned a Lagos bound passenger at Gatwick Airport.

“The video has claimed that the airline closed its counter before closing time because the aircraft was over booked on the London to Lagos flight, which is false.”

Olisa said that the video was misleading, malicious and an attempt to tarnish the reputation of the airline.

He explained that the passenger arrived the airport very late after check-in phase was concluded and the counter closed according to the approved time of the airport management.

“Gatwick Airport operates by slot timings allocated to each of the airlines operating out of this airport. The check-in operations of airlines are slot-based, and airlines take turns based on their approved times.

“Once your slot timing is up, you must vacate the counters for the next airline’s utilisation. The check-in process ends at 9.00 a.m. as advised in the Terms and Conditions section of our e-ticket and website, and the counter was vacated by Air Peace in accordance with our slot allocation at 9:55 a.m.

“To ensure passengers do not miss their flights, we send them multiple messages at different times before their flight, 24 hours, 14 hours and 6 hours before flight departure.

“Departure for this flight was scheduled for 11:10 a.m., so all processes needed to adhere to this time,” he clarified.”

He further said that contrary to the claim in the video, the UK Civil Aviation Authority and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority could attest to the number of passengers on the manifest for the said flight.

He said that the aircraft left Gatwick with some seats unoccupied, and so, no overbooking took place.

“Gatwick Airport has CCTV coverage showing the time the passenger arrived at the airport and Air Peace counter and the time the maker of this video got to the airport.

“The late arriving passenger duly paid the no show fee, was booked to travel on a subsequent flight, and therefore the issue was resolved at the airport.”

Olisa expressed displeasure that a different version of what transpired had been circulating social media.

He said Air Peace would continue to do its best to meet the needs of passengers, but also required them to align with the airline to ensure they could travel to their destinations by adhering to specified times.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Airpeace Gatwick Mr Stanley Olisa

Post navigation

Previous Lagos building collapses under intense fire
Next UBA Gross Earnings Rises by 143%, Profit Hits N757.7bn

Related Stories

Birthday: Makarfi sends passionate appreciation message to President Tinubu, Nigerians 
  • Press Releases

Birthday: Makarfi sends passionate appreciation message to President Tinubu, Nigerians 

August 10, 2026
Access Bank Debunks Fake Shutdown Notice, Reaffirms Service Continuity Access Bank rewards customers
  • Press Releases

Access Bank Debunks Fake Shutdown Notice, Reaffirms Service Continuity

July 31, 2026
Lagos Govt Begins Registration of Roadside,  Informal Space Occupants Under SCRAMP Initiative prevention guild
  • Press Releases

Lagos Govt Begins Registration of Roadside,  Informal Space Occupants Under SCRAMP Initiative

July 15, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
12 Reasons Adeleke Won Again In Osun Despite All Odds, By Azuh Arinze
  • Politics

12 Reasons Adeleke Won Again In Osun Despite All Odds, By Azuh Arinze

August 17, 2026
BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.