Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Adoration Ministry: Mbaka not removed as administrator but took time away in solitude – Church clarifies
  • National News

Adoration Ministry: Mbaka not removed as administrator but took time away in solitude – Church clarifies

Admin October 4, 2022

October 4, 2022

The Catholic Diocese of Enugu says Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka proposed that Rev Fr Anthony Amadi  serve as interim administrator for the Adoration Ministry, in the state.

Director of Communications, Enugu Diocese, Rev. Fr. Benjamin Achi, made the disclosure in Enugu on Monday while reacting to media reports that Mbaka who was the ministry’s administrator was removed by the church.

Achi said that Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka was not removed from the Adoration Ministry, as many reports were suggesting.

According to him, Enugu Catholic Diocese only recommended that Fr. Mbaka took time away in solitude, in order to listen to what the Spirit of God has to tell him.

“Mbaka was allowed to propose a priest to administer, in the interim, to the faithful at the Adoration Ministry.

“With the approval of his Bishop, on Sunday Oct. 2, 2022 Fr. Mbaka introduced Fr. Anthony Amadi to the worshippers.

“Unfortunately, some people were still not pleased, and would prefer that Fr. Mbaka remains,” he said.

He stated that what every true Christian, and especially every true Catholic, should do at this moment was to “commit our dear brother and priest, Fr. Mbaka, to God in prayer.

“So that he may, through this moment, encounter God specially, come out stronger and better in recognizing His will for him and gain more graces to channel those rare gifts for His glory”.

This, he said, would help for the sanctification of the people of God and society at large.

Umoh further stressed that, “Church loves Fr. Mbaka and cherishes him as an illustrious son and may our Mother Mary, the Queen of all Apostles, intercede for him. Amen”.

Following the lifting of the ban, Fr. Mbaka held a service at the ministry on Sunday amidst cheers by his followers.

The worshippers were, however, shocked when the cleric announced that he had been removed as the spiritual director of the ministry by the Catholic bishop, Most Rev Callistus Onaga.

He subsequently introduced Anthony Amadi, another Catholic priest, as the new spiritual director of the ministry.

Mbaka said he had been directed to “proceed to a monastery” as part of the disciplinary measures against him by the church.

“So, while I proceed to the monastery to continue with the remaining disciplinary exercises, as directed.

“I wouldn’t know how long; but the church has appointed Fr. Anthony Amadi, one of us, to be overseeing all affairs of the ministry, to be assisted by other priests, pending my return, by the grace of God,” Fr. Mbaka said.

The cleric also announced that the ministry had not fully reopened, explaining that some programmes including a weekly Friday all-night adoration remained suspended till further notice. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Adoration Ministry Fr. Anthony Amadi Fr. Mbaka Most Rev Callistus Onaga Rev. Fr. Benjamin Achi

Post navigation

Previous LASG TO COLLABORATE WITH NITT ON EFFECTIVE TRANSPORT SYSTEM
Next Policy mistakes could trigger worse recession than 2007 crisis – UNCTAD

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.