Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • 322 persons were verified killed or dead as a result of violence, not found in a mass grave in Anambra- Bianca Ojukwu clarifies
  • National News

322 persons were verified killed or dead as a result of violence, not found in a mass grave in Anambra- Bianca Ojukwu clarifies

Admin November 16, 2023
anambra state

Anambra state

Nov. 16, 2023

Amb. Bianca Ojukwu on Thursday in Awka refuted a report that a mass grave with 322 corpses had been found in Anambra.

A Nov. 7 report in some sections of the media quoted a Nov. 6 post on the Facebook page of Ojukwu, Secretary to the Anambra Truth, Justice and Peace Commission (ATJPC), as the source of the story.

“The former Nigerian ambassador to Spain did not disclose the exact area the grave site is located.

“She said, however, that the discovery of the grave site was made through testimonies by witnesses who appeared before the ATJPC,’’ the report stated.

In her reaction on Thursday, however, Ojukwu described the report as misleading.

She explained that a suspected mass grave was discovered and sealed off for forensic investigation, but the number of persons buried there was not yet ascertained.

She stated that 322 persons were verified killed or dead as a result of violence within Anambra in the course of the Commission’s sittings, as testified by witnesses who appeared before it.

She added that many persons remained unaccounted for while 18 persons were identified as missing or having disappeared.

“The attention of the ATJPC has been drawn to certain misleading news reports pertaining to the mass grave site in Anambra following the second phase of public hearings which took place from October to November.

“Three hundred-and-thirty-two bodies were not recovered from the grave site as has been erroneously reported by some sections of the media.

“This figure represents the number of persons verified as killed or dead as a result of violence within Anambra.

“The number of bodies contained within this site is yet to be ascertained, and can only be known after a painstaking process of forensic investigation, hence the site has been sealed off,’’ Ojukwu stated.

She added that the ATJPC urged all those whose relatives; loved ones or friends were missing to file a report with the newly-established Bureau of Missing Persons domiciled within the Ministry of Justice. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: ATJPC Bianca Ojukwu

Post navigation

Previous FG discloses plans to redesign the Basic Health Care Provision Fund 
Next Insecurity: We inherited tough period, that is the reality – says Ribadu at editors conference

Related Stories

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian
  • National News

Troops bust ISWAP network, rescue abducted Cameroonian

August 18, 2026
Scammers
  • National News

August 18, 2026
Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde
  • Commentaries

Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.