Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Troops rescue 74 NYSC members from possible abduction in Borno
  • National News

Troops rescue 74 NYSC members from possible abduction in Borno

Admin November 13, 2025
Soldiers beat policemen

Nigerian Army logo

Nov. 13, 2025

Troops Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), have rescued 74 members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) from a possible abduction by terrorists along the Buratai–Kamuya road in Borno.

This is contained in a statement by the Media Information Officer, OPHK, Lt.-Col. Sani Uba, on Thursday.

Uba said the rescued corps members, comprising 36 males and 38 females, were travelling in three buses when the vehicles broke down near a known kidnapping hotspot around 9:05 p.m. on Tuesday.

He said the troops were deployed to the scene after a closed-circuit television (CCTV) system monitored by the military detected suspicious movement of the stranded buses in the area.

“On arrival, the troops discovered that the passengers were NYSC members who had been stranded after their vehicles developed mechanical faults.

“The troops immediately secured the area and rescued them from a likely abduction attempt by Boko Haram or ISWAP terrorists operating in that axis,” he said.

Uba added that the rescued corps members were taken to the Buratai military base for safety, pending arrangements for their onward movement to their various destinations.

According to him,the Theatre Commander, OPHK, Maj.-Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar, commended the troops for their vigilance and quick response, which averted what could have been another tragic incident.

“The Theatre commander reiterated the commitment of the Nigerian military to ensuring the safety of all citizens and maintaining security across the North East region,” he added.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abdulsalam Abubakar Buratai–Kamuya road NYSC OPHK

Post navigation

Previous Reps to probe oil companies for allege non-remittances to host community fund Investigation
Next FG suspends planned 15% import duty on PMS, diesel

Related Stories

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot
  • Sports

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot

August 17, 2026
Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.