Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • The train was coming from Ijoko to Iddo, witnesses say bus driver refused to stop at level crossing – NRC MD
  • National News

The train was coming from Ijoko to Iddo, witnesses say bus driver refused to stop at level crossing – NRC MD

Admin March 9, 2023

March 9, 2023

The Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Mr. Fidet Okhiria, on Thursday gave an account of the brief he got on the accident involving a train and a bus earlier in the day.

The NRC train was involved in an accident with a Lagos State Government staff bus on the rail track in Shogunle area of Lagos.

Two bodies have so far been recovered from the scene, while several others are injured, according to the National Emergency Management Agency
Okhiria told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos: “According to the information I gathered at the scene of the incident, they said many cars stopped when they got to the level crossing while the Lagos State Staff Bus driver continued moving, which I don’t know why.

“Maybe the driver thought he could pass before the train got nearer to him. He could not pass, then the train crushed the bus; that is what we gathered.

“The train was coming from Ijoko to Iddo.”

He urged Lagos drivers to be more careful when passing through the level crossing, to avoid train accidents.

The managing director, who was concerned about the lives of the Lagos State staff, appealed to motorists to consider the level crossing at all times.

Okhiria said that when motorists get to the level crossing, they should not ignore the point where they should stop.

The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mr Taofiq, Adebayo, had said in a statement that a Lagos State Government staff bus was crushed by a moving train at PWD, Ikeja.

Adebayo said that the staff bus was with registration no 04A- 48LA.

He said that the enforcement officers of LASTMA were the first emergency responders at the scene of the accident.

Adebayo said they had called other emergency responders to join in the rescue.
He said that the accident recorded some casualties as the staff bus was fully loaded with govt staff going to office in the morning.
(NAN).

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Adebayo LASTMA Mr Fidet Okhiria Mr Taofiq NRC

Post navigation

Previous Cashless policy: Gov. Matawalle empowers 300 PoS operators with N70m
Next IWD: Women in telecom, 5 facts to know – NCC

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.