Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • Suspected political thugs destroy Dino Melaye’s Constituency Projects ahead of inauguration
  • Breaking News

Suspected political thugs destroy Dino Melaye’s Constituency Projects ahead of inauguration

Admin July 18, 2018

Senator Dino Melaye wanted for culpable homicide

July 18, 2018

Suspected political thugs destroy Dino Melaye’s Constituency Projects ahead of inauguration

Suspected political thugs on Wednesday destroyed some constituency projects of Sen. Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) at two Locations in Lokoja metropolis, few hours to their inauguration.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that one of the projects, a block of four furnished classrooms at Government Girls Secondary School, Sarkin-Noma, was torched in the early hours of Wednesday.

Speaking with newsmen, a female student of the school (name withheld) said she got to school early this morning (Wednesday) to meet the fully-furnished classroom on fire.

She said students, who were in the last week of their final examinations, were turned back as a result of the incident as chairs, desks, boards and all wooden furniture, as well as electrical appliances, were burnt to ashes.

Also at UBE Junior Secondary School (JSS), Lokongoma in Lokoja, the iron windows, ceilings, white boards and electrical fittings, including ceiling fans in the block of four classrooms, were destroyed.

When NAN visited the Lokongoma, a detachment of men of the Nigeria Police were seen in and around the school premises to provide security against further attack on the project.

The attack on the (Sen. Dino Melaye Constituency Project FCT/TB/2016(2)001) Lokongoma project, was said to have been carried out at about 2:30 am Wednesday by unknown group of youthful thugs, forcing the civilian security guards to run for their lives.

Speaking on behalf of the government when he visited the site of the burnt facilities, Mr Kingsley Fanwo, Director General, Media and Publicity to the state governor,  said state government had directed security operatives to fish out the arsonists.

“Irrespective of who is doing the project, the fund is from the government; weather it is the executive or legislature, such projects should rather be applauded, and not destroyed,” he said.

Mrs Rosemary Osinkoya, the state Commissioner for Education, who also visited the sites, said government would not rest until the perpetrators were fished out and brought to book.

“Exams are ongoing and these building has been in use since January 2018. We expect that people will respect the sanctity of education. This act is masterminded and not accidental”, she said.

Speaking with newsmen shortly after inspecting the extent of damage on the facilities, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), Mr Monday Kuryas, said the long arm of the law would catch up with the perpetrators, sooner or later.

He said the arson and other destruction were pre-meditated as the arsonists braced with tyres which they used in burning down the building and damaging some other structures.

Kuryas said the police had commenced investigation into the matter and would soon apprehend the perpetrators.

NAN gathered that a faceless thuggery group had on Tuesday issued leaflets warning the senator to forget about the scheduled constituency projects inauguration or face their wrath.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: constituency projects Government Girls Secondary School Lokoja metropolis political thugs Sen. Dino Melaye

Post navigation

Previous Nestle CEO, Alarcon, now 2nd Vice President of NECA
Next Police Parade Boko Haram Commander Involved in Abduction of Chibok Girls

Related Stories

Landmark $1B Underwriting Deal Paves Way for Record-Breaking Dangote Refinery IPO refinery
  • Breaking News
  • National News

Landmark $1B Underwriting Deal Paves Way for Record-Breaking Dangote Refinery IPO

August 18, 2026
BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes

August 16, 2026
BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke

August 6, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis zamfara state
  • National News

Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis

August 19, 2026
Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund
  • National News

Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund

August 19, 2026
Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.