Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Sixteen inmates escape from Keffi custodial centre – NCoS
  • National News

Sixteen inmates escape from Keffi custodial centre – NCoS

Admin August 12, 2025

Aug.12, 2025

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), says 16 inmates escaped from the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Keffi, Nasarawa State, in the early hours of Tuesday.

The Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), Abubakar Umar, said this in a statement on Tuesday.

Umar said that some inmates breached the facility’s security, attacked personnel on duty and compromised the situation, enabling the escape.

He said that in the process of containing the incident, five personnel of the custodial centre sustained varying degrees of injuries.

He added that two personnel were in serious condition and receiving urgent medical attention at a government health facility.

“Seven of the fleeing inmates have so far been recaptured and returned to custody,” he said.

Abubakar said that the Controller-General of Corrections, Mr. Sylvester Nwakuche, had visited the facility and ordered a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the escape.

He quoted Nwakuche as saying that no staff would be spared if found culpable and that an immediate search operation had been launched in collaboration with sister security agencies to recapture the remaining inmates.

He urged members of the public to remain calm, vigilant and promptly report any suspicious movements or sightings of the fleeing inmates to the nearest security formation.

He added that preliminary investigations were ongoing and reassured the public of the service’s unwavering commitment to public safety and the security of all custodial facilities nationwide.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abubakar Umar NCOs Sylvester Nwakuche

Post navigation

Previous Police nabs motorcyclist with 3 human skulls in Ogun
Next Court gives FG September deadline to conclude 10-year trial of ex-NSA, Dasuki

Related Stories

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot
  • Sports

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot

August 17, 2026
Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.