Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Sealed mine: Kwara Govt advises China Quarry to follow legal procedure
  • National News

Sealed mine: Kwara Govt advises China Quarry to follow legal procedure

Admin May 19, 2023
police

May 19, 2023

The Kwara Government has advised China Kaidi Quarry to follow legal procedure towards reopening of their mining site.

The General Manager of the state Environmental Protection Agency (KWEPA), Alhaji Ayuba Dan-Musa, gave the advice during s meeting between the company’s representative and the agency in Ilorin.

The company, China Kaidi Quarry site located along Ilorin-Ogbomoso road, was shut down on Monday, due to violation of safety measures.

Dan-Musa told NAN after the meeting with the company that the closure could only be unsealed through legal means.

The general manager however warned that once court injunction has been passed, there would be no other means than through the legal procedure, to avoid trespass and sanction.

He explained that community service was service to humanity, adding that he cannot compromise, but did the right thing.

Dan-Musa confirmed that the community complained to the agency that the moment miners blast, it affect their health and houses close to the mine collapses.

“We inspected all the houses that were damaged by the mining activities and discovered that people building houses had to stop due to the blasting.

“72 hours was given to the company to make amends and the representative of the company visited the agency with an environmental consultant and promised to stop blasting.

“Some of the people in the community reported again, that there was a loud sound from the mines and when questioned, they claimed that it was picking and not blasting.

“I made them to understand that whatever they are doing that could cause a loud and disturbing noise should stop.

“We planned to hold a meeting with the company and the community on efforts to be taken to stop the loud sound and their plans towards ensuring safety of the miners.

“A day was fixed for the discussion and the community showed up at the agency, but the company refused to honour the invitation, which led to sealing of the mine,” Dan-Musa explained.

The general manager further stated that the activities at the mining site was affecting the community as they experienced different challenges due to the quarry activities.

“We have to make sure we curb all the excesses relating to any environmental hazards.

“When we got to quarry, there were different angles of mining solid minerals and other natural goods which had been taking place for some number of years.

“We told them to stop blasting, sell their extracted goods and look for another location to continue their mining, but they refused,” he further noted.

The general manager said that the road network and the bridge close to the quarry could also collapse, thereby affecting the movement of people.

He explained that the noise pollution caused by blasting had affected a lot of people living in that area, making them visit hospital frequently and affecting the government budget. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Alhaji Ayuba Dan-Musa China Kaidi Quarry KWEPA

Post navigation

Previous Security agencies to remain on ground to repel attacks – Gov. Lalong assures communities
Next Nigerian security forces rescue 2 abducted US consulate workers

Related Stories

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway anambra state
  • National News

Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

August 21, 2026
Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill Senate
  • National News

Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill

August 21, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners crude oil
  • International News

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners

August 21, 2026
Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure Naval rating arrested
  • Business & Economy

Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure

August 21, 2026
Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak Kano
  • Metro News

Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.