Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • #SARSMUSTEND: Protesters Block Lekki-Epe Toll Gate, demand Presidential address to the nation, EO
  • National News

#SARSMUSTEND: Protesters Block Lekki-Epe Toll Gate, demand Presidential address to the nation, EO

Admin October 12, 2020
Usman
Lagos residents protesting police brutality, extrajudicial killings, and harassment by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) have laid siege at the Lekki toll gate, along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

The protesters gathered at the toll gate as early as 5:00 am to protest. Their activities grounded vehicular traffic along the expressway forcing commuters and motorists on their way to work to a standstill.

Several residents who have to access the toll gate to get to work said they had returned home because of the massive traffic.

The protest demanding a total end to SARS operations comes after IGP announced the disbandment of the police unit after several days of protests last week.

Lekki
#EndSarsNow Protesters at Lekki toll gate

The protesters are insisting that President Muhammadu Buhari himself should make the pronouncement disbanding the SARS operatives by way of an executive order. They are also demanding the release of all those arrested and justice for the victims of SARS brutality.

According to them, this is not the first time the IGP would announce measures to disband the SARS operatives but such a decision had gone without any effect in the past.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Muhammadu Buhari SARS

Post navigation

Previous Okowa says IGP should not stop at disbanding SARS, calls for comprehensive reform of NPF
Next Debt Burden of Least Developed Countries continues to climb to a record $744 billion in 2019

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.