Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Radio Biafra: DSS Wants Magistrate Court to Discontinue Case, Accuses Kanu of Terror Act
  • National News

Radio Biafra: DSS Wants Magistrate Court to Discontinue Case, Accuses Kanu of Terror Act

Admin November 23, 2015

There was a mix of shock and disbelief Monday as the Department of State Services (DSS) requested a Wuse Zone 2 Senior Magistrates’ Court sitting in Abuja to discontinue the trial of Nnamdi Kanu, the controversial Director of Radio Biafra, charged with criminal conspiracy.

Kanu’s detention has been the subject of strong debate and wild protests among his sympathisers mostly persons from the South East. He is standing trial on a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to unlawful society, to which he pleaded not guilty. His appearance in court doused tension as many had suspected that something untoward may have happened to the champion of Radio Biafra. He looked unfazed.

At the resumed sitting of the case, prosecution counsel, Moses Idakwo, told the court that after the arraignment of the accused, the complainant discovered some facts which took the matter out of the jurisdiction of the court. According to him, the complainant found out that the accused was involved in terrorism and has been financing it.

“The complainant is, therefore, applying to discontinue the matter under section 108(1) of administration of criminal justice act 2015.’’ Idakwo said that the DSS had also obtained an order from the Federal High Court, Abuja, dated Nov.10, to detain the accused in its custody for 90 days.

Objecting, Kanu’s counsel, Vincent Obetta, prayed the court not to discontinue the case because the prosecution did not present any information from the Attorney-General of Federation who had the authority to approve such. Obetta told the court that the DSS violated the order of the court which granted bail that was perfected but not granted, adding that the accused had been in DSS custody since he was arrested.

Subsequently, the magistrate, Mr Usman Shuaibu, after listening to both counsels, adjourned the matter until Dec.1 for ruling.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar recommended

Post navigation

Previous Aliyu Aziz Takes Over from Onyemenam at NIMC Today
Next Dasuki: AGF Snubs Court, Seeks revocation of bail granted ex-NSA

Related Stories

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language
  • National News

Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language

August 20, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy
  • Business & Economy

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy

August 20, 2026
About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 
  • Business & Economy

About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 

August 20, 2026
FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.