Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • President Buhari approves new security measures to tackle Kaduna killings
  • National News

President Buhari approves new security measures to tackle Kaduna killings

Admin May 7, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari

May 7, 2018

 

President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of a new Battalion of the Nigerian Army, as well as a new Police Area Command in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the president, Malam Garba Shehu, in a statement in Abuja on Monday said these were part of measures to scale up the security response to the banditry affecting the area.
The presidential aide quoted the president as strongly condemning the latest massacre of innocent Nigerians in the area.
The president said: “I am deeply outraged by this unwarranted, unprovoked and reckless destruction of lives by bandits who belong to the lowest level of civilisation.
“I feel the pains and devastation of the families of the victims, and this administration will do everything possible to ensure we defeat these enemies of humanity.”
According to the president, security remains a priority for his government, and his administration will not tolerate the persistent killing of innocent people in order to set Nigerians against one another.
He observed that “these persistent killings are not spontaneous; there are subterranean forces with a sinister agenda to instigate war in the country for selfish purposes.
“Although unconventional war is particularly complicated, our security forces are making rigorous efforts to better understand these enemies with a view to decisively checkmating their evil attacks’’.
Buhari extended his condolences to the families of the victims, the government and the people of Kaduna State over this unfortunate tragedy.
He assured that his administration would never abandon them to their fate.
The statement observed that the new Army Battalion and the Police Area Command are the latest in a series of law enforcement measures to ensure more effective protection of lives and property, in and around Benue, Kaduna, Taraba, Zamfara and Nasarawa states.
It recalled that the Nigerian Air Force last week took delivery of two new helicopter gunships for deployment to parts of the country affected by banditry.
“A Quick Response Wing has also been established by the Nigerian Air Force in Taraba State, while a Joint Military Intervention Force is fully on ground in Benue,’’ the statement added.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Joint Military Intervention Force Kaduna Killings kaduna state Malam Garba Shehu new Battalion of the Nigerian Army new helicopter gunships Nigerian Air Force Nigerian Army persistent killings Police Area Command in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State. president muhammadu buhari The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the president

Post navigation

Previous 2,132 PDP delegates for Ekiti governorship primary
Next Buhari off to London on medical leave

Related Stories

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution Maize farm
  • Business & Economy

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.