Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Police nabs 3 over alleged exhumation, skull theft in Osun
  • National News

Police nabs 3 over alleged exhumation, skull theft in Osun

Admin June 26, 2026
Police

Police

beans worth n17

The Osun Police Command has arrested three suspects for allegedly exhuming a corpse and removing the skull of a deceased man at Oba-Ile in Olorunda Local Government Area of the state.

This is contained in a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, on Friday in Osogbo.

Ojelabi said the deceased’s brother reported to the police that on June 15, during a visit to his late brother’s grave within their family compound, he discovered that the grave had been tampered with and the skull removed.

He said investigations and credible intelligence led to the arrest of the suspects.

“During interrogation, the suspects implicated another accomplice who is currently at large.

“Subsequent search operations at the residence of the fleeing suspect led to the recovery of the skull, concealed in an uncompleted building,” he said.

Ojelabi said the recovered skull had been documented and registered as an exhibit, adding that investigations were ongoing to determine the full circumstances surrounding the incident and to apprehend the fleeing suspect.

He said the suspects were being investigated for conspiracy, unlawful possession of a human skull and misconduct with regard to a corpse.

The police spokesperson added that the suspects would be charged to court upon completion of investigations, reiterating the command’s commitment to ensuring justice and maintaining public confidence in the rule of law.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: DSP Abiodun Ojelabi

Post navigation

Previous Insecurity in Nigeria financed by drug trade exploiting technology, transnational routes -NDLEA
Next Troops rescue 53 civilians, intercept terrorist logistics in Borno, Yobe

Related Stories

FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking children
  • National News

FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking

August 19, 2026
Buni meets Nigerian refugees in Chad, assures support ahead of repatriation governor mai mala buni
  • National News

Buni meets Nigerian refugees in Chad, assures support ahead of repatriation

August 19, 2026
FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide
  • National News

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Understanding CBN’s mandates and policy thrusts, by Arize Nwobu
  • Business & Economy

Understanding CBN’s mandates and policy thrusts, by Arize Nwobu

August 20, 2026
Shell reinforces safety commitment at CEO Contractors Forum
  • Business & Economy

Shell reinforces safety commitment at CEO Contractors Forum

August 20, 2026
Tension grips Osun as gunmen attack Gov Adeleke’s convoy, gunshots send locals scampering to safety
  • Crime and Justice

Tension grips Osun as gunmen attack Gov Adeleke’s convoy, gunshots send locals scampering to safety

August 20, 2026
FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking children
  • National News

FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.