Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Pipeline vandalism: LASEMA uncovers unlawful operations by vandals, says no fatalities recorded
  • National News

Pipeline vandalism: LASEMA uncovers unlawful operations by vandals, says no fatalities recorded

Admin July 8, 2020
LASEMA

DG LASEMA, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, says hoodlums have vandalised pipeline at Aboru, Iyan-Ipaja, Lagos for fuel theft.

Oke-Osanyintolu made the disclosure to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) after the LASEMA Response Team (LRT) discovered the unlawful operations.

He said that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had been carrying out routine maintenance and suspected vandals took advantage of the situation to engage in fuel theft.

He said that LASEMA response team observed liquid gushing out of the NNPC pipeline, but no injuries or fatalities were recorded at the scene of the vandalism.

LASEMA
Petrol pipeline

He said a combined team comprising LASEMA, Lagos State Fire Service, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Police and Lagos State Neighbourhood Safety Agency (LNSC) worked with the NNPC maintenance team.

“The repair has been concluded while the agency is constrained to remind residents of the commitment of the state government to the safety of lives and property,” he said.

Oke-Osanyintolu, however, urged Lagos residents to report any unlawful activity along petroleum products pipeline to the appropriate authorities before it got out of hand.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: fuel theft lagos state lasema response response team

Post navigation

Previous COVID-19: China’s Sinovac experimental vaccine to enter final stage later this month 
Next The fate that has befallen Magu is a moral disaster on the anti-corruption crusade – Falana

Related Stories

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language
  • National News

Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language

August 20, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy
  • Business & Economy

FG invests in 90,000 km fibre-optic network to boost digital economy

August 20, 2026
About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 
  • Business & Economy

About 40 vehicle assembly plants now operational in Nigeria – NADDC 

August 20, 2026
FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister
  • National News

FG plans major housing deliveries in Abuja, Lagos, others — Minister

August 20, 2026
Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.