Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • We have no hand in the killing of 22 commuters in Jos – Irigwe community
  • National News

We have no hand in the killing of 22 commuters in Jos – Irigwe community

Admin September 6, 2021
students of delta

Sept. 6, 2021

Irigwe Development Association, an ethnic group in Plateau on Monday denounced allegations that its people were responsible for the killing of 22 commuters on Rukuba Road, Jos on Aug. 14.

President of the association, Mr. Robert Dodo, denounced the allegation at a news conference it organised in collaboration with an NGO in Abuja.

Dodo said on the said day, Irigwe people were mourning their losses and were in a mass burial procession, an aftermath of an attack on the community by gunmen.

He said the community had earlier applied and obtained permission from the police in Jos, which even provided escorts for the burial procession.

He added that it was the police escorts in the procession that advised the mourners not to use the Rukuba Road route.

“As law abiding people, the Irigwe funeral procession used an alternative route to arrive at destination at Miago.

“May we make it clear that our mourners and the funeral procession did not pass through Rukuba Road.

“We did not have any contact whatsoever with those travellers who were unfortunately killed,” he said.

Dodo stressed that the narrative that the Rukuba Road attack was carried out by Irigwe youths and the mourners was false, evil and malicious.

Dodo also denounced media reports that Irigwe people signed a peace accord with herdsmen as untrue.

He said Irigwe people had no problem with peace-loving herdsmen saying both groups attended meetings with the state government with the hope of putting an end to killings in the state.

The Programme Coordinator of the NGO, Mr. Mark Lipdo, said danger was inherent in labelling lrigwe people or Plateau people as perpetrators of killings without conclusive investigation or evidence.

He said the NGO had observed the emergence of threats issued in various quarters about plans of attacks and reports of influx of strangers that had made Irigwe people vulnerable.

“We have also observed with great concern, increased security reports of impending attacks in various parts of the state. This should not be allowed to continue.

“Rather than allowing conflict merchants and trouble makers to take advantage of situations like this, the NGO is calling for a united stand in response to criminality.

“We are calling on government to expedite action to ensure that criminals who continued to attack our communities, kidnap, maim and kill people are apprehended and brought to justice,’’ he said. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Irigwe Mr. Mark Lipdo Mr. Robert Dodo

Post navigation

Previous Miyetti Allah urges NASS to passing Grazing Reserves Commission Bill, stop enactment of anti-open grazing laws
Next For peace to reign, stop enactment of anti-open grazing laws – Miyetti Allah

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.