Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • NCC speaks on alleged leaked telephone conversation between Obi and Oyedepo
  • Breaking News
  • National News

NCC speaks on alleged leaked telephone conversation between Obi and Oyedepo

Admin April 4, 2023
Hackers

NCC logo

Hackers
NCC logo

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has dismissed as baseless the allegation that it was involved in the “tracking” and “leakage” of telephone conversation between Mr Peter Obi, Presidential candidate of Labour Party and Bishop David Oyedepo.

An audio telephone conversation allegedly between Obi and Oyedepo had been trending in which Obi was said to have called the 2023 presidential election a religious war and sought the help of Oyedepo, the Founding Bishop of Winners’ Chapel to help him mop up Christian votes in the south west and in Kwara state.

Some social media netizens had blamed the NCC for the leakage of the said audio. But NCC in a strongly worded statement dismissed the allegation as untrue. Below is the full text of the press statement.

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has been inundated with enquiries by the media on allegations of telephone “tracking” and “leakage” made against the Commission by some individuals and groups in the social and alternative Media.

The Commission wishes to make the following clarifications:

  1. The Commission denies the allegations in their entirety.
  2. By the provisions of the Nigerian Communications Act (NCA) 2003 and other extant Laws of the Federation, the Commission does not and cannot “track” nor “leak” telephone conversations of anyone.

 iii.            The Commission has reported the allegations, which we take seriously, to relevant security agencies for proper investigation and necessary action.

  1. The Commission restates its commitment to discharge its responsibilities to the Nigerian people in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; the NCA 2003; and other extant Laws of the Federation; and global best practices.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Commission denies these allegations and advises the public to disregard them.

Signed:

Reuben Muoka

Director, Public Affairs

Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: David Oyedepo Leaked audio tape NCC Peter Obi Tracking

Post navigation

Previous Gunmen kidnap village head’s wife, son in Kano
Next Treason allegations against me is malicious, fictitious – Peter Obi blasts Lai Mohammed

Related Stories

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language
  • National News

Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language

August 20, 2026
FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking children
  • National News

FCTA reseals orphanage for illegal operation, alleged child trafficking

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police arrests Chinese national over alleged attempt to rape male employee

August 20, 2026
Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language
  • National News

Ohanaeze Ndigbo approves bursary for 200 students studying Igbo language

August 20, 2026
Understanding CBN’s mandates and policy thrusts, by Arize Nwobu
  • Business & Economy

Understanding CBN’s mandates and policy thrusts, by Arize Nwobu

August 20, 2026
Shell reinforces safety commitment at CEO Contractors Forum
  • Business & Economy

Shell reinforces safety commitment at CEO Contractors Forum

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.