Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • NAF airstrikes destroy terrorist enclave in Lake Chad region, kill scores
  • National News

NAF airstrikes destroy terrorist enclave in Lake Chad region, kill scores

Admin April 3, 2026
air component

NAF logo

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has intensified its air offensive under Operation HADIN KAI, destroying a major terrorist enclave in Kangarwa, located in the Northern Tumbuns area of Borno.

The Director, Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame, made this known in a statement on Friday in Abuja.

Ejodame said the airstrike, conducted at about 1205 hours on April 1 by the Air Component of the Joint Task Force North East, followed credible intelligence and sustained surveillance confirming the presence of terrorists in the area.

He said the targeted enclave had been under close monitoring through Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions, which revealed significant activity and movement within the settlement.

According to him, NAF air assets executed precision strike missions upon confirmation of the targets, delivering multiple attack runs on structures and concealed targets used by the insurgents.

He said the strikes, described as highly effective, led to the destruction of key infrastructure, including logistics hubs and operational shelters within the enclave.

“Scores of fighters were neutralised during the bombardment, significantly degrading the operational capability of the enclave and disrupting insurgent movement in the area.

“The successful air interdiction is expected to create favourable conditions for ground troops to advance, dominate the area and carry out follow-on clearance operations,” he said.

Ejodame said the operation underscored the growing synergy between air and ground forces in the ongoing counter-insurgency campaign in the North-East.

It added that the enclave, believed to be a stronghold of ISWAP elements, suffered a major setback, with its command and support structures effectively dismantled.

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Aneke, reaffirmed the NAF’s commitment to sustaining intelligence-driven precision strikes against terrorist hideouts across the theatre.

Aneke said the air force would continue to work in close coordination with surface forces to deny terrorists freedom of action and eliminate all remaining enclaves.

He emphasised that the sustained air campaign remained critical to restoring lasting peace and security in the region.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame Air Marshal Sunday Aneke ISWAP NAF Operation Hadin Kai

Post navigation

Previous Troops neutralise 3 suspected bandits, arrest 2 in Plateau
Next Nigeria’s Seplat Energy hit by strike amid push for higher output

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.