Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • LASG receives 1,000 land grabbing petitions in 1 year, successfully resolves 350
  • National News

LASG receives 1,000 land grabbing petitions in 1 year, successfully resolves 350

Admin June 3, 2020

The Commissioner for Justice, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN)

The Lagos State Government says it has received one thousand petitions relating to forceful take-over of landed properties in the last one year.

The Commissioner for Justice, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN), made this known on Wednesday at the Ministerial Press Briefing to commemorate Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s first anniversary.

Onigbanjo, who is also the Attorney-General of the State, said the petitions were received through the Special Task Force Against Land Grabbers.

He said that out of the one thousand petitions received, 350 were successfully resolved within the year.

Onigbanjo noted that deliberate efforts were made by the government to strengthen the task force to arrest and prosecute suspected notorious land grabbers.

“This will send a strong signal about the determination of the present administration to rid the state of illegal dispossession of landowners.

“The task force with five counsel received one thousand petitions out of which 350 have so far been resolved, while over 600 are pending and are at various stages of resolution.

“About 20 petitions are currently being prosecuted in court; 20 properties under dispute are marked with inscriptions by the Office, to prevent any further transactions until pending issues are resolved.

Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu

“The arrest and prosecution of several suspected land grabbers are also effected, in conjunction with security personnel, attached to the Governor’s Monitoring Team,” he said.

The commissioner said that one of the cases handled by the task force included the Ejigbo land grabbing matter, which had gone viral.

It was popularly known as the Adeoye’s case, in which a warrant of arrest was issued against the three alleged land grabbers.

He said there was the arrest and prosecution of land grabber at Ogudu Government Reservation Area (GRA) Residential Scheme II; and recovery of land from a land grabber at Ojota, among others. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: DSVRT ejigbo LASG

Post navigation

Previous LAGOS TO KEEP FINANCE AFLOAT DESPITE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Next INEC cautions Edo, Ondo voters against wearing of party branded face masks to polling unit

Related Stories

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde
  • Commentaries

Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides
  • Politics

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.