Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Kaduna SUBEB confirms sack of 65 illegally recruited primary school teachers
  • National News

Kaduna SUBEB confirms sack of 65 illegally recruited primary school teachers

Admin January 22, 2021
Ecommerce

Kaduna

The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on Friday confirmed the sack of 65 primary school teachers, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

They were allegedly recruited illegally in Sanga Local Government Area of the state.

SUBEB’s Auditor, Mr. Tandat Katuma, who served as the secretary of the investigation committee confirmed the development to NAN in Kaduna.

The council Chairman, Mr. Charles Danladi, had on Wednesday announced the sack of the teachers to journalists in Gwantu, the Council headquarters.

Danladi alleged that the anomaly was detected through the over-bloated wage bill of the teachers, which kept increasing every month without new employment.

To this effect, an alarm was raised.

He said Danladi raised the alarm during the state’s Joint Account Committee Meeting, being chaired by the Deputy Governor and that SUBEB was asked to investigate the allegation.

“After our investigation, we confirmed that 65 teachers were illegally recruited in the area.

“Their appointments have been terminated.

“You will recall that in 2017, the Kaduna State Government had organised a competency test for primary school teachers.

“About 22,000 of the teachers failed the test and were sacked.

“Our investigation uncovered that 16 out of the 65 were among the primary school teachers that failed the competency test in the LGA but were illegally reappointed.

“The remaining 51 were illegally recruited during the first and second batches of the recruitment of 25,000 qualified teachers that replaced those sacked across the state,’’ Katuma told NAN.

The auditor added that SUBEB official involved in the illegal recruitment exercise had been sanctioned.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Charles Danladi SUBEB Tandat Katuma

Post navigation

Previous BPE to begin to coordinate with other Govt arms on asset sales in Q1 2021 – Finance Minister
Next Pfizer-BioNTech agree to supply WHO co-led COVID-19 vaccine scheme – Sources

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.