Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Sports
  • I’m staying at PSG, Neymar dispels rumour
  • Sports

I’m staying at PSG, Neymar dispels rumour

Admin July 20, 2018

Neymar of PSG

Brazilian superstar Neymar on Thursday sought to quash speculation about his future, insisting he planned to remain with French giants Paris Saint-Germain.

“I’m staying, I’m staying in Paris, I have a contract,” Neymar told reporters at an auction to raise money for his charitable foundation in Sao Paulo.

Neymar, who became the world’s most expensive footballer last year after moving to PSG from Barcelona in a record 222 million euro ($264 million) deal, has repeatedly been linked to a move to Real Madrid.

The European champions have issued a series of statements in recent weeks denying they have an interest in signing the 26-year-old striker.

Speculation of a Neymar move to the Bernabeu has intensified in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo’s shock move to Juventus, a development that has left a vacancy at Madrid for an elite, superstar player.

“In the face of the constant reports linking PSG’s Neymar Jr. to our club, Real Madrid C. F. wish to clarify that the club has no intention of making any offer for the player,” a Real Madrid statement said last week.

“The two clubs enjoy an excellent relationship and, as such, if Real Madrid were at any stage to consider securing the services of a PSG player, they would approach the club in the first instance.”

Although Neymar insisted Thursday he was staying in Paris, reports persisted that a move could be on the cards.

British media reports said Thursday PSG were open to the possibility of selling Neymar.

Madrid president Florentino Perez meanwhile said the club was determined to reinforce its squad following Ronaldo’s departure.

“Real has a great squad that is going to be reinforced with magnificent players,” Perez said earlier this week.

“We are aware of the level of demand of the team each season. We are Real Madrid and we always want more. We must reinforce the present and at the same time strengthen the future.”

Real however have also been linked to a move for Chelsea’s Belgium World Cup star Eden Hazard, who indicated on Saturday he was keen to leave the London club.AFP

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: cristiano ronaldo neymar Paris Saint-Germain Real Madrid

Post navigation

Previous IGP Idris mourns Coomasie
Next Covenant University graduates 238 first class honours

Related Stories

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot
  • Sports

NFF Sacks Falcons’ Coaching Staff After WAFCON Disaster & Missing Historic World Cup Spot

August 17, 2026
NPFL–Murphy Ben International Deal: Meet The YouTube Powerhouse Behind The Partnership
  • Sports

NPFL–Murphy Ben International Deal: Meet The YouTube Powerhouse Behind The Partnership

August 15, 2026
Commonwealth Fencing Gold medal: Oborevwori congratulates Osubi star Esiovwa-Thompson
  • Sports

Commonwealth Fencing Gold medal: Oborevwori congratulates Osubi star Esiovwa-Thompson

August 14, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners crude oil
  • International News

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners

August 21, 2026
Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure Naval rating arrested
  • Business & Economy

Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure

August 21, 2026
Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak Kano
  • Metro News

Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.