Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • International News
  • Hamas rejects U.S. envoy’s demand to recognise Israel
  • International News

Hamas rejects U.S. envoy’s demand to recognise Israel

Admin October 19, 2017

October 19, 2017

Islamic Hamas movement rejected Thursday the demands of the U.S. Middle East Envoy Jason Greenblatt to accept the requirements of the International Quartet for Peace in the region.

“Hamas movement expresses its rejection to the American blackmail and bias demands that serves the Israeli interests, and has been earlier explained by Greenblatt,” Hamas said in an official press statement.

Israeli media has earlier reported Greenblatt had stated that in order to recognize any Palestinian unity government, Hamas movement has to recognise Israel and get disarmed.

“It is a blatant interference into the internal Palestinian affairs and aims at putting a stick into the wheel of reconciliation.

“Hamas reiterates that it will carry on with implementing all the steps for reconciliation,” Hamas said.

The International Quartet, which comprises the U.S., UN, the European Union and Russia, had asked Hamas in 2006 to recognise Israel, condemn violence and recognize the peace treaties signed with Israel.

Hamas, which won in the Palestinian parliamentary elections held in 2006, rejected the Quartet’s requirements. Israel imposed a tight blockade on the Gaza Strip and the quartet imposed an embargo on Hamas movement.

“Hamas movement wouldn’t pay any attention to the attempts of sabotaging this track (internal Palestinian reconciliation and end of division) or obstructing it,” said Hamas statement.

On Oct. 12, leaders of Hamas and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Fatah Party signed in Cairo on an Egyptian-brokered reconciliation agreement, where Hamas agreed to hand over ruling of the Gaza Strip to Abbas consensus government.

Bassim Na’eem, a senior Hamas leader in Gaza, had earlier said that Greenblatt’s words are “a barefaced interference into Palestinian affairs.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Okowa Presents N298.078 Billion 2018 Budget
Next NFF budgets N6.38bn for 2018, expects N3.32bn from “special interventions’’

Related Stories

32m West Africans risk displacement, $294bn needed to tackle climate crisis — ECOWAS regional heads
  • International News

32m West Africans risk displacement, $294bn needed to tackle climate crisis — ECOWAS

August 12, 2026
Global 2026 oil supply shortfall to deepen as Hormuz reopening remains elusive – IEA says IEA
  • International News

Global 2026 oil supply shortfall to deepen as Hormuz reopening remains elusive – IEA says

August 12, 2026
Oil rises as doubts over US-Iran deal heighten supply concerns reserves crude oil
  • International News

Oil rises as doubts over US-Iran deal heighten supply concerns

August 12, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.