Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Gunmen attack Southern Kaduna again, kill 14, raze houses
  • National News

Gunmen attack Southern Kaduna again, kill 14, raze houses

Admin February 20, 2017

Gunmen on Monday killed 14 persons and injured many others, in an attack on Ashim village in the Takad chiefdom of Kaura Local Government Area of southern Kaduna State.

Mr Alexander Iya, chairman of the local government’s interim management committee, who briefed newsmen on the incident, said that the gunmen stormed the village “around 6 a.m.” and launched a massive attack.

He said that most of the victims were women and children, whose corpses had been deposited at the Kafanchan General Hospital.

“Those injured are being treated at the Kaura General Hospital,” he said.

He said that the attackers also burnt many houses and destroyed crops.

Iya, however, disclosed that one of the invaders was killed by security personnel deployed to contain the situation.

The chairman appealed to the people to remain calm and avoid the temptation to take the law into their hands.

He assured them that government had deployed enough personnel to secure the communities.

Efforts to reach the Divisional Police Officer of the area were not successful, but a military personnel deployed to contain the situation, described the attack as “very serious”.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Big Brother Naija: Woman says ‘I’m married to ThinTallTony with 2 kids’
Next UK doctors say Buhari needs longer period of rest

Related Stories

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway anambra state
  • National News

Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

August 21, 2026
Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill Senate
  • National News

Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill

August 21, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners crude oil
  • International News

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners

August 21, 2026
Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure Naval rating arrested
  • Business & Economy

Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure

August 21, 2026
Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak Kano
  • Metro News

Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.