Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • FG says will complete second Niger Bridge, Enugu/Onitsha expressway
  • National News

FG says will complete second Niger Bridge, Enugu/Onitsha expressway

Admin October 20, 2017

October 20, 2017

 

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has assured Nigerians that the present administration would complete the second Niger Bridge before the end of 2019.

Osinbajo stated this on Friday in Onitsha at the official flag-off campaign of Mr Tony Nwoye, the All Progressives  Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Anambra.

He said that N2 billion had already been paid to the contractors as mobilisation fees for the take-off of the bridge project.

Osinbajo said that all projects embarked on by the Federal Government would be completed without exception including rail and federal roads.

The Vice President said that Anambra was the first to start the Federal Government School Feeding programme, adding that the programme had successfully spread to many other states.

He called on the people in the state to support the APC candidate, whom he said would use his youthful ability to deliver on the party’s  manifesto.

In his speech, the National Chairman of APC, Chief John Oyegun, said APC successfully removed a sitting president and would do same in the state come Nov. 18.

According to him, there is no alternative than for the people in the state to join the mainstream of Nigerian politics by voting Nwoye.

Earlier, the  Minister of Labour and Productivity and former governor of the state, Sen. Chris Ngige, urged the people of the state to identify with the aspiration of the APC for the state.

Ngige said that the controversial N7.5 billion issue between Gov. Willie Ibiano and the former governor of the state, Chief Peter Obi, was necessary for EFCC to wade into and inform Nigerians of the situation.

He said that APC was a united house and would present a united front at àll times.

Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo appealed to the people of the state to vote Nwoye ín the upcoming Nov. 18 polls.

According to him, the fight against the much talked about “marginalisation” would become easier when two APC governors from the region work together to ensure success.

In his brief remark, former APC gubernatorial  aspirant in the state, Chief George Muoghalu, described Nwoye as “God chosen among the aspirants” and called on other aspirants to work with him towards the winning of the governorship eléction.

Responding, Nwoye appealed to the Federal Government to hasten the reconstruction of the Enugu-Onitsha express way.

He pledged that his administration would pay WAEC examination fees for indigent students and reduce school fees for all categories of students in the state.

The candidate also promised to improve on health care delivery in the state.

“The journey to Anambra State Government House has started today. Anambra people should know that our word is our bond.”

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Nigeria’s Francisca Ordega joins Atlectico Madrid Women
Next Authority gives Zuma deadline to make submissions on graft charge

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution Maize farm
  • Business & Economy

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.