Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • DPO, 6 bandits died in Imo attack – Police
  • National News

DPO, 6 bandits died in Imo attack – Police

Admin July 27, 2021
Police

Police

July 27, 2021

The Police Command in Imo has confirmed the death of CSP Fatmann Dooiyor, a Divisional Police Officer (DPO), in an attack in Oru East Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

The command also said that six bandits died in the attack when they engaged the police in a gun duel.

Police Commissioner Abutu Yaro confirmed the incident in a statement signed by the command’s spokesman, CSP Micheal Abattam, on Tuesday.

Yaro said that police operatives repelled the attack and killed six of the bandits, while 11 were arrested.

He said that tactical teams of the command had been mobilised to comb the communities in the area to arrest other bandits who fled into the bush.

“On 26/7/2021 at about 16:20 hours, bandits in convoy of three vehicles were repelled in Omuma town in Oru East LGA of Imo State.

“According to the Area Commander, ACP Benjamin Abang of Omuma Area Command, the bandits were sighted moving in convoy into Omuma town.

“The area commander immediately alerted the tactical teams of the command who swung into action.

“They (teams) ambushed and launched a surprised attack on the convoy of the bandits which resulted in the neutralizing of six of the bandits, while 11 of them were arrested.

“Unfortunately, the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Fatmann Dooiyor, paid the supreme price.

“The teams recovered the three vehicles abandoned by the bandits, including two Toyota Highlander SUV vehicles with registration numbers Abia MBL517AT and LAGOS JJJ984EL.

“Presently, the command’s tactical teams and special forces led by ACP Evans Shem are combing the bush for possible arrest of the bandits that fled into the bush,’’ the commissioner said.

He warned bandits to keep off the state or face dire consequences. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abutu Yaro CSP Fatmann Dooiyor CSP Micheal Abattam

Post navigation

Previous Nigeria’s purchase of war jets came with some bilateral agreements – Official
Next Ports: Our inter-modal system will create seamless connectivity of the waterways, rail, road transport – NPA boss

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.