Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Court judgement on disbandment of Ebubeagu Security Outfit dead on arrival – Ebonyi Govt
  • National News

Court judgement on disbandment of Ebubeagu Security Outfit dead on arrival – Ebonyi Govt

Admin February 15, 2023
Court sacks Umahi

Dave Umahi minister of works

February 15, 2023

The Ebonyi government has described the Federal High Court judgement disbanding the South East Security Network, code named, “Ebubeagu”, as dead on arrival in the state.

A Federal High Court in Abakaliki had on Tuesday disbanded “Ebubeagu” in Ebonyi and ordered the DSS an Police to collect all the weapons in their possession.

Mr. Uchenna Orji, Ebonyi State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, said in a press conference on Wednesday that there is no cause for alarm over the judgement.

Orji further said that the judgement is a miscarriage of justice, abuse on court processes and misapplication of the law.

“Ebubeagu has legal backing to its existence and operations not only in Ebonyi but the entire south east. We will not hesitate to go to the supreme court to know who is right in this circumstance.

Also speaking, Mr. Stanley Okoro-Emegha, Special Security Consultant (SSC) to the state government, noted that machineries are already in motion to appeal the judgement.

Okoro-Emegha expressed optimism that the appellate court will reverse the verdict in due course because the outfit has a firm legal backing to its existence..

He urged politicians to stop playing with the security of the society, irrespective of the party they belong to.

“Ebubeagu is perfectly designed by law to compliment the effort of the security agencies in tackling insecurity.

“We will not listen to that Federal High Court ruling of Tuesday because we have a similar ruling previously, which we won in 2022. Of course, the lives of citizens is utmost important to us.

“We will appeal the judgement and Ebubeagu will continue to function the way they have been functioning. So, we will not adhere to that judgement,” he stated.

Okoro-Emegha urged the opposition parties to know that removing Ebubeagu will not make them win elections in Ebonyi.

“Election is by Voter’s card and by talking to your supporters. Nothing will make Ebubeagu to jitter because there is law backing the establishment,” he added. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Ebubeagu Mr. Uchenna Orji Stanley Emegha

Post navigation

Previous Naira Scarcity Protests: Okowa appeals for calm as Nigerians destroy ATM, Banks
Next Court orders Evans to pay N50m as damages, refund 233,000 Euros ransom taken from kidnap victim

Related Stories

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde
  • Commentaries

Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides
  • Politics

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.