Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Boy With Missing Intestine: Lagos Assembly urges Sanwo-Olu quickly release funds to hasten overseas treatment
  • National News

Boy With Missing Intestine: Lagos Assembly urges Sanwo-Olu quickly release funds to hasten overseas treatment

Admin September 19, 2023

Sept. 19, 2023

The Lagos State House of Assembly has urged Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu to quickly release funds for the overseas treatment of Adebola Akin-Bright, whose intestines got missing in during a surgery process.

The House said it was important for the state government to hasten with the overseas treatment of the patient whose health had been deteriorating.

The lawmakers also called for the immediate arrest of the doctor who performed the initial surgery that led to the missing small intestine while investigations continue.

The lawmakers’ resolutions followed a preliminary report by the Chairman of a five-man ad hoc committee, Mr. Noheem Adams, who briefed the House at plenary on Tuesday.

The Speaker, Mr. Mudashiru Obasa, on Sept. 6, inaugurated the ad hoc committee to investigate the circumstances that led to the disappearance of the boy’s intestine.

Presenting the preliminary report, Adams said members of the ad-hoc committee visited the boy at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) this day.

Adams said that the full report would soon be presented, adding that some shocking discoveries were made in the course of its investigations.

“We made some shocking discoveries in the course of our investigation. The incident is very unusual, but we want the boy to survive and we know Mr Speaker is very interested in his survival too.

“We went to LASUTH today on the directives of the speaker, to find out the health status of the 12 years old boy, Master Adebola Akin-Bright.

“The hospital told us that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had taken care of the bill for his treatment at LASUTH,” he said.

Adams, however, said hospital informed them that Akin-Bright needed to be transferred urgently to either the U.S. or UK for an intestine transplant.

The lawmaker added that communications were ongoing with hospitals in the two countries.

In his contribution, Mr. Temitope Adewale, another member of the committee, said the patient’s health was deteriorating and that urgent steps needed to be taken.

“He is now given GMO nutrient and there is the urgent need to take him abroad.

“Mr speaker, you have given this boy the opportunity to survive by setting up the committee,” he said. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Adebola Akin-Bright LASUTH Mr Mudashiru Obasa Mr Noheem Adams Sanwo-Olu Temitope Adewale

Post navigation

Previous Kano records 5,800 suspected cases of Diphtheria – UNICEF
Next 100 Days Of Uncommon Leadership And Interventions At The Red Chamber: The Akpabio Model

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.