Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Boko Haram Unleashes 50 Female Suicide Bombers on Maiduguri
  • National News

Boko Haram Unleashes 50 Female Suicide Bombers on Maiduguri

Admin December 3, 2014

female bomberA top security operative in Kano, has said that the Islamist militants, Boko Haram, last weekend unleashed 50 female suicide bombers on Maiduguri, the Borno State Capital.

The source also added that already, the development has sent confusion into the camp of Nigeria security agents, who are on ground in Maiduguri, fighting the insurgents.

The source who spoke to our Correspondent in a telephone interview from Maiduguri, stated that managers of places of worships in the town must be extra careful. This also applies to states, in which activities of the insurgents have of late been prevalent.

He also added that, this recent revelation has since been communicated to Abuja.

But the Defense Information Director (DID) Major General Chris Olukolade, refused to comment on this recent development. “ Please, let me not comment on this matter. However, if there are any further development, I would keep you posted. But for now, no comment.”

The top undercover agent who revealed this to our Correspondent added that, this piece of information was spilled by a female suicide bomber, who was recently arrested by members of the vigilante group, also known as civilian JTF operating in the State.

“They have revealed that 50 female suicide bombers have been released on Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, with a target of 100,000 people before the end of December 2014. Now, what this portend is nothing but, “fear”. How do you handle female suicide bombers without the cooperation of the entire civilian populace?”

He underscored the peculiarity of the situation, stating, “it was going to be difficult handing the female suicide bombers, compared to their male counterparts.”

This is even as a failed attempt to launch fresh attacks in Konduga and Maiduguri, by members of the sect, were repelled by military troops of the 7 Division in Konduga Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

Konduga is South East and about 40 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital.

Nigeria troops in Kundoga area, with support from civilian JTF had repelled insurgents, killing over 200 members of the sect.

It would be recalled that a female suicide bombers had detonated a bomb near the college library in the main campus of the Federal College of Education (FCE) in Kontagora, Niger State.

Another female suicide bomber last Monday blew off herself in the popular Maiduguri Monday market, killing over 40 persons.

That was the fifth female suicide bomber that carried out an attack in Nigeria since the Islamist group began its bloody activities.

According the Police spokesperson in the Niger State Police command, Ibrahim Gambari, it was only the suicide bomber that died in the explosion, while some other students were critically injured.

But a lecturer in the institution, Andrew Randa, said on his Twitter account handle that he had seen at least three bodies.

It would be recalled that a suicide bomber had earlier blown herself up at a Polytechnic also in northern Nigeria’s biggest city of Kano in April this year, killing six people.

Six other people were recently critically wounded, by a bomber who had earlier targeted students, checking at a notice board for their names on the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) list in Kano Polytechnic.

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous 157 Deltans depart for Barbados, Trinidad on technical training
Next OECD Study Shows Most Bribes Paid by Big Companies with Management Knowledge

Related Stories

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband Police
  • Crime and Justice

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband

August 17, 2026
Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism
  • Commentaries

Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism

August 17, 2026
West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns
  • Business & Economy

West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns

August 17, 2026
NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.