Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Bauchi expends N2.5bn on upgrade, digitisation of broadcast stations 
  • National News

Bauchi expends N2.5bn on upgrade, digitisation of broadcast stations 

Admin May 23, 2024
Bauchi

Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State

May 23, 2024
The Bala Mohammed’s administration in Bauchi State, says it has expended more than N2.5 billion on the upgrade of the state-owned media outfits, Bauchi Television Authority (BATV) and Bauchi Radio Corporation (BRC).

The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Usman Danturaki disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Thursday in Bauchi.

Danturaki said the amount also covered the procurement and installation of equipment to fast track Digital Switch Over (DSO) of the stations.

He said the Mohammed’s administration accorded premium to the upgrade of broadcast infrastructure, as the digitisation would increase the capacity of broadcast transmission network by improving spectrum efficiency.

The Mohammed’s administration, he said, committed over N2.5 billion, to ensure speedy completion of the digitisation of the BATV and BRn.

“This is to ensure the provision of better signal quality which increases robustness to interference and picture degradation and the support of high division services and interactivity.

“Prior to the coming of this administration, the BATV has not been carrying out its activities as expected due to obsolete equipment and deplorable condition of office complex.

“However, the present administration in 2023, awarded contract for the renovation and digiisation of the BATV. The renovation work has been completed while the digitisation has reached 80 per cent completion stage,” he said.

Similarly, the governor awarded contract for the upgrade of transmission services at the BRC 1 and 2.

Danturaki said the project included the renovation of BRC FM station and 10 community FM stations across the state, adding that renovation work had been completed, while upgrading of transmission had reached 80 per cent completion stage.

He said the Mohammed’s administration equally resuscitated the moribund Wikki Magazine, hitherto closed down for more than 10 years due to obsolete equipment and decayed infrastructure.

“The Wikki Magazine has begun quarterly publication after many years in limbo. In addition, the ministry received a new boost through restructuring to enable it to achieve its mandate.

“The governor also created three additional directorates under the ministry in accordance with global best practices, to demystify its operations for effective service delivery.

”The new directorates are: Broadcasting, ICT, Communication and Social Mobilisation,” he said. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Bala Mohammed BATV BRC DSO Wikki Magazine

Post navigation

Previous Cancer victims sue Johnson & Johnson over ‘fraudulent’ bankruptcies
Next Kwara: FG alerts public to outbreak of poison in trade animals

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.