Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Another terror attack on Kaduna community leaves 9 dead
  • National News

Another terror attack on Kaduna community leaves 9 dead

Admin August 23, 2021
governors

Nasir El-Rufai

August 23, 2021

Kaduna state
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai

Another attack by suspected terrorists on Ungwan Dooh village in Zangon Kataf Local Government area of Kaduna state on Saturday, has resulted in the death of no fewer than nine persons.

Kaduna has been under attack in recent months by persons suspected to be terrorists, sometimes kidnapping students and demanding for ransom.

Mr Samuel Aruwan, Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, said in a statement issued on Sunday that the attack, carried out by unidentified gunmen, also led to the injury of one person.

He said the incident was reported to the Kaduna State government by troops of Operation Safe Haven, who responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area.

According to him, the assailants fled on sighting the troops.

” Nine corpses have been recovered so far, following a search of the village.

“One resident sustained gunshot injuries and is receiving treatment in hospital; two houses were razed in the attack,” he added.

The Commissioner said that the troops had also rescued 12 persons while they were fleeing from the attackers.

He said that the troops  were still carrying out search and rescue operations, and would disclose the exact number of casualties at the end of the exercise.

Aruwan said the Acting Governor, Dr Hadiza Balarabe, who received the report with sadness, condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area.

According to him, the acting Governor prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families.

The Commissioner said that Balarabe, who also wished the injured resident quick recovery, urged security agencies to conduct diligent investigations into the attack.

He said that the troops were working in the area and would update the public on further development. (NAN).

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Dr Hadiza Balarabe Kaduna Samuel Aruwan terrorists Ungwan Dooh village Zangon Kataf

Post navigation

Previous NIRSAL as catalyst for Buhari Agribusiness revolution
Next Three ex-First Ladies, others grace Yusuf Buhari wedding luncheon

Related Stories

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway anambra state
  • National News

Two Dead, Two Injured in Fatal Tanker Explosion on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

August 21, 2026
Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill Senate
  • National News

Group ​‌‌‌⁠‍‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‍​⁠‌‌​urges National Assembly to withdraw foreign aid regulation bill

August 21, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners crude oil
  • International News

Oil rises as Trump threatens sanctions on Iran partners

August 21, 2026
Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure Naval rating arrested
  • Business & Economy

Navy discovers, deactivates suspected illegal crude oil infrastructure

August 21, 2026
Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency
  • National News

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs over fake agency

August 21, 2026
Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak Kano
  • Metro News

Kano LG procures drugs to contain suspected diphtheria outbreak

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.