Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • Alleged N25bn fraud: Reprieve coming as AGF takes over Goje’s case
  • Breaking News

Alleged N25bn fraud: Reprieve coming as AGF takes over Goje’s case

Admin June 7, 2019

Senator Danjuma Goje

Barely 24 hours after former Gombe State Governor, Danjuma Goje, stepped down for Senator Ahmed Lawan for the Senate Presidency contest on the appeal of President Muhammadu Buhari, the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) on Friday took over the case of alleged N25 billion fraud filed against him from the EFCC.
The latest development may see Goje getting a soft landing in a case that has gone up to the Court of Appeal at a time.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports in Jos that for almost eight years, the EFCC had been prosecuting the former governor until Friday.
The case, which is before Justice Babatunde Quadiri of Jos Federal High Court II, has even gone to the Jos Court of Appeal over the remaining two count charge out of 21 filed against him by EFCC.
The Appellate Court is yet to fix a date for the hearing of the appeal.
When the case came up for an emergency hearing before Justice Quadiri, the EFCC Counsel, Mr Wahab Shittu, told the court that the agency was withdrawing from the case and handing it over the office of the Attorney-General for continuation.
“My Lord, this case was earlier adjourned for June 20 for continuation of hearing, but then we are here today on the latest development on the matter.
“We as EFCC counsels are withdrawing from the matter and handing it over to the office of the Attorney-General for continuation with the prosecution.
“As you can see, in Court today is a State Counsel from the AG’F’s office to formally take over this case from us, “ Shittu declared.
Responding, Mr Paul Erokoro (SAN), did not object to the EFCC withdrawal and handing over of the case to the Attorney-General.
“My Lord we are not objecting to the anti-graft withdrawal and handing over the prosecution to the AG’s office, “ Erokoro said.
Mr Pius Asika, Counsel from the office of the attorney general, however, announced his appearance for the case.
Asika then applied for an adjournment to enable him prepared for the case proper “having come into the matter today (Friday).
Justice Quadiri then adjourned to the case to June 21, 2019 for continuation of hearing.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) Danjuma Goje EFCC Justice Babatunde Quadiri Mr Pius Asika N25 billion fraud

Post navigation

Previous Violence, Crimes Against Women still on the rise -NBS
Next EU urges NASS, other stakeholders to ensure passage of gender equality Bill

Related Stories

BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes

August 16, 2026
BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke

August 6, 2026
FCTA confirms 8 rabies cases, 2 deaths, issues alert
  • Breaking News

FCTA confirms 8 rabies cases, 2 deaths, issues alert

July 15, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead federal government
  • International News

Charity boat rescues 50 migrants off Libya, seven found dead

August 17, 2026
LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates   prevention guild
  • National News

LASG warns against illegal use of dealer number plates  

August 17, 2026
Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband Police
  • Crime and Justice

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband

August 17, 2026
Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism
  • Commentaries

Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.